Curbing my appetite

I seem to be constantly hungry at the moment and have very little will power. I plan and prepare healthy meals, but shortly after i am raiding the cupboards. I dont understand what's gone wrong. I was doing so well, i was in a routine of regular exercise and healthy eating and rarely hungry. However, lately despite following the same pattern, ive been insatiable. Frustratingly i have also put on weight, yet my clothes are no tighter. Desperate to get back on track

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    If you are hungry, eat. Maybe your calorie goal is too aggressive. Maybe your food isn't nutritious enough. Maybe you feel deprived; add some more treats. Maybe you eat too many treats; eat them less often. Plan your meals and prelog, portion out what you are going to eat and freeze leftovers. Enjoy and savour what you eat. Maybe your body's composition is getting better and your're just doing fine doing what you're doing. Maybe your muscles are retaining water from exercise.
  • ModernRock
    ModernRock Posts: 372 Member
    Stress at work or home? Some task you are avoiding?

It's not a coincidence that I find it easier to stay within my calorie goal when I have a busy day and I stay on task.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Keep healthy snacks around like fruit, cheese, portioned nuts...drink a crapload of water you may be thirsty..
  • annethomas99
    annethomas99 Posts: 8 Member
    I've found lots of fiber-rich foods help me stay full for a long time. And yes lots of water
  • canadianmom1975
    canadianmom1975 Posts: 23 Member
    I practise intermittent fasting. ..i only eat all my cals and food between 12 and 8pm...because my window of eating is shortened i feel stuffed most of the time and it has helped with my binging and non stop snacking. ..you search it in mfp and google