High protien, moderate fat, low carb recipes?

Options
AnnaWSunshine
AnnaWSunshine Posts: 5 Member
Help me! I'm having a hard time with tasty recipes with high protien, moderate fat, low carb!

Replies

• WayJ35
    WayJ35 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I find simple is best. A good basic protein and a good basic veg. i try to skip the starch altogether or at least half it. So a good 4 or 5 oz portion of salmon, tilapia, chicken breast etc. Baked or grilled with some good fresh spices like garlic, lemon, dill. And a veggie like fresh sauteed spinach, baked or grill asparagus, green beans etc. I like a little butter, olive oil or parmesan cheese on my veggies if they are boring. Sometimes a little hollandaise sauce or pesto goes a long way to jazz up boring meat or veggies, just watch the portion. The most i will have as a starch is a half a whole wheat english muffin (you can make this into garlic toast real easy), or a single piece of garlic bread, but usually a veggie and a protein is enough.
    Another good recipe is a kind of ratatouille. Saute onion, garlic, zucchini, summer squash, mushrooms and add a can of stewed tomatoes then season to your liking. Eat it with a grilled or baked chicken or cut up the chicken and add it to the saute. Top with a little parmesan cheese and you are good to go.
    Good luck. Friend me and write me if you want to talk more, i love to cook and quick meals are my thing. I hate spending hours making a meal.
    Jamie
  • AnnaWSunshine
    AnnaWSunshine Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!!
  • landjsaunders
    landjsaunders Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Go to the website LowFatlowCarb.com