Shout out to my new fave restaurant-Seasons 52

Options
I had dinner tonight with an old friend at this place called Seasons 52. (52 because there are 52 weeks in a year.) They change their menu seasonally, and offer locally grown, oraganic, natural foods. It was so yummy! Nothing on the menu is over 475 calories....like the entire meal. They have a vegan and gluten free menu as well. And no butter in the whole place! I had wild caught, grilled salmon, roasted beets, asparagus, and carrots for 425 calories!!

They have locations in Florida, Georgia, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Illinois, Texas, Maryland, and California.

Replies

• mamitc01
    mamitc01 Posts: 43
    Options
    That sounds great! Thanks for the info!
  • BlueEyedMomma88
    BlueEyedMomma88 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I had dinner tonight with an old friend at this place called Seasons 52. (52 because there are 52 weeks in a year.) They change their menu seasonally, and offer locally grown, oraganic, natural foods. It was so yummy! Nothing on the menu is over 475 calories....like the entire meal. They have a vegan and gluten free menu as well. And no butter in the whole place! I had wild caught, grilled salmon, roasted beets, asparagus, and carrots for 425 calories!!

They have locations in Florida, Georgia, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Illinois, Texas, Maryland, and California.

Awww none in Iowa :-(.. Sounds yummy tho!!
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    In Georgia?! YES!! :) Hahaha. Thanks so much. I must go find it.

EDIT: Now just to find somebody willing to take me. Hahaha. The nearest one is about an hour away. Maybe on August 2, which is my birthday. :drinker: Whoo!
  • tissyazd
    tissyazd Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I googled it and there is one 30 minutes from me!!! I peeked at the menu...are you sure all meals are under 475?? If so, I am going there as soon as I can! I wish more restaurants would do this!! Thanks for the recommendation!!
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    I googled it and there is one 30 minutes from me!!! I peeked at the menu...are you sure all meals are under 475?? If so, I am going there as soon as I can! I wish more restaurants would do this!! Thanks for the recommendation!!

If you go to their website, you can see the exact nutritional value, and it all sounds so good! http://www.seasons52.com/menu/nutrition.asp
  • toots99
    Options

Oh, I am curious as to the prices...was it expensive? It looks pretty fancy!
  • jbwegner
    jbwegner Posts: 254 Member
    Options

According to their website and the waiter, everything is under 475. The portions were small compared to other restaurants, but not compared to what is acceptable/normal. It was the first time in a long time I didn't leave a restaurant feeling sick from being so full! They grill or roast everything, so no need for butter or lots of oil. We took a look at the dessert tray, but skipped it. It all looked yummy but portions were tiny! All the desserts came in a glass that was bewteen the size of a shot glass and a juice glass. They did have one that was just fresh fruit, but like I said, we were comfortably full already!
  • tissyazd
    Options
    That is soooo awesome! I am seriously going there when we get back from our vaca!! Thanks so much for this post!! ANy meal recommendations??
  • tissyazd
    Options

Ooooh!! Good question! I would like to know this as well!!
  • tissyazd
    Options

If you go to their website, you can see the exact nutritional value, and it all sounds so good! http://www.seasons52.com/menu/nutrition.asp

Thanks! That's exactly what I needed!
  • jbwegner
    Options

It was very nice...great ambiance. Prices ranged from $10-$26. I got the wild caught salmon which was the most expensive thing...$26. Worth every penny! My friend got the regular grilled salmon and it was $14 I think.
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    That looks fabulous - thanks for sharing!
  • robbienjill
    robbienjill Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    The one in Atlanta is great. The one in Orlando is Better!!! Awesome place to eat and the food is so fresh. We always go to Seasons 52 when we are in Orlando.
  • jbwegner
    Options
    That is soooo awesome! I am seriously going there when we get back from our vaca!! Thanks so much for this post!! ANy meal recommendations??

The wild salmon was soooo good. It's only available for a few months out of the year though. The roasted beets were seriously probably the best vegetables I have ever had. I think they were golden beets? My friend also said the steak was delicious. It's high qualitty, fresh food, so I don't think you can go wrong!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I love that place! When I want a dessert they have a 225 cal shot glass type offer......I can eat my dinner, have a dessert and not feel guilty.

The sodium is high so if this is an issue for you ask them for salt free and extra herbs.......the cook had no prob doing this for me!

I think Seasons 52 is in my near future:bigsmile:
  • toots99
    Options

It was very nice...great ambiance. Prices ranged from $10-$26. I got the wild caught salmon which was the most expensive thing...$26. Worth every penny! My friend got the regular grilled salmon and it was $14 I think.

Oh that's not bad at all! I already sent the link to a few friends so we can try to plan a night to go!
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    I'm in IL glad to see there is one here--will have to check it out and I may have found a bday dinner outing place for me and my girls for august :) thanks for sharing!