One thing that you swear by in your weight-loss journey?

Options
13»

Replies

• Shanel0916
    Shanel0916 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Drink 3 cups of water before leaving home each morning to start the day, 20 mins of HIIT cardio 2-3 times a week (and lift weights), and get enough protein 90-130grams. I started over in Sept 2015 and have lost 25 pounds so far (from that date), went from a size 12 to a 6.
  • chuckamaniac
    chuckamaniac Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    What is one thing that helped you stay on track while you were losing weight?
    Drinking water in the morning, and before every meal

Bonus: gradually dropping macros. It's a marathon not a sprint

Pounds lost/Pounds to go/Time
    2 Pounds since Feb 29th 18 more to go

Workout Philosophies
    Compound Lifts at the gym at least 3 times a week (combination of 5x5 days as well as 5x10 days) as well as light cardio at least 3 times a week.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options

How many pounds did you lose so far & how many more to go? How much time did it take you to lose that many pounds? What are your food and workout philosophies?

I am 5'3"
    SW 251
    CW 163
    GW 135-140

Logging everything I eat has helped me stay on track the most. The first 50lb I lost before I had MFP, then I stalled. I needed the help of MFP and easy logging abilities to keep me going/get me back on track.

It has taken me years to lose this much weight, and I'm fine with that. I want to say it's been right around three years since I changed my lifestyle.

My food and workout philosophies? I try to eat a balanced diet of nutritious foods that taste DELICIOUS. I enjoy food, and I like cooking a good meal. I am also no longer afraid to fit treats into my diet, and I do frequently.

As for fitness, I am all about goals. If I don't have a goal I'm after, I get bored. Set new goals all the time, then make a plan to achieve them. It's an amazing feeling reaching them!
  • murp4069
    murp4069 Posts: 494 Member
    Options

Logging everything I eat. Even if I couldn't be exact or I had to make the best guess at a restaurant, I still logged it. In second place would definitely be my Fitbit and participating in Fitbit challenges with friends from MFP. It's been a great motivator for me to keep moving throughout the day.

How many pounds did you lose so far & how many more to go? How much time did it take you to lose that many pounds?

I've lost 22 lbs so far, and have passed my original goal of 150. I started in December 2015. Now that I've gotten past 150, my new goal is 140, and I'll reevaluate how I look and feel at that time.

What are your food and workout philosophies?

I eat whatever I want, but I eat it in moderation. As for working out, I exercise because I like the way I feel when I do. So, I try to get out for a walk or a run every night after dinner, and make it to the gym for strength training at least once on the weekends. If I can't make it one night or one weekend, I don't beat myself up over it. I just remember the reasons that I do exercise and get back on the horse the next day.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Not looking for THAT ONE THING.
    Not cutting out anything. Eat food I like. Not eat food I don't like.
    Stick to calorie allowance. Log accurately.
    Prelogging, turned into a more thorough meal planning, shopping and inventory thing.
    Cooking more.
    Move every day.
    Weighing regularly, first weekly, daily after hitting maintenance.

How many pounds did you lose so far & how many more to go? How much time did it take you to lose that many pounds?
    I have lost maybe 50 pounds, it took me a little over a year, and I've kept it off for 16 months.

What are your food and workout philosophies?
    I have some food philosophies (none for workout):
    "I can eat anything, but not everything at once, and not all the time."
    "I'm not going to stop eating, just stop overeating."
    "Food should taste good, but not TOO good".
    "Food is supposed to make me feel full, not hungrier after I've eaten."
    "Love food that loves me back."
    "It's ok to have room for a little more after you've eaten."