Looking to bring sexy back and have some laughs!

Options
Hey! I'm in my 30s and gained 60lbs over a 2 year period post accident...I'm now motivated to bring sexy back! Lol...has anyone tried the "fasting" diet where you only eat for 8 hours a day between 12 noon and 8pm?

Replies

• DearestWinter
    DearestWinter Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Yes, I tried 16:8 IF for about a month. It helped me gain awareness of different levels of hunger so I made better decisions. Before I started I would just eat whenever the mood struck me, even when I wasn't hungry. After doing IF for a while I understood the difference between true hunger and "that food looks good and I want to put it in my mouth".

As for weight loss, I wasn't tracking my food and I ended up maintaining. (Which is still better than gaining which I had been doing before.) If you combine IF with a calorie decrease then it might work for you. Mostly I liked it as a means of kickstarting my self awareness. I found it wasn't a long term solution because I love brunch with friends, morning breakfast treats, and so forth. I have kept the habit of not eating after 8 except in rare circumstances. Good luck!
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Meal timing doesn't matter beyond personal preference. Intermittent fasting can help some people stay in a calorie deficit. Other people don't find it sustainable.

All that is required is a calorie deficit, but there are many different ways to achieve that deficit. Try it for a few weeks and see how you like it.
  • cme4bb
    cme4bb Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Didn't know it was IF, but since starting MFP, I only eat between 10am and 7pm. It's worked great for me and I don't eat junk at night. I used to be horrible at that and at skipping breakfast, but now I eat three meals and get in all my calories for the day. :-)
  • bbilliethecat
    bbilliethecat Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    i've apparently been fasting and never knew it haha

i don't eat before 12pm because i've never been a breakfast person - not many asians i know are . and i don't eat after 8pm because i hate sleeping on a full tummy . i've always really done that my whole life - gained sooooo much . i only starting losing when i counted calories . can you imagine how many calories in a bowl of pho ? and i used to eat THREE in ONE SITTING ?! lol no wonder i was obese .