help me!

Options
rachelsherman92
rachelsherman92 Posts: 8 Member
In search of healthy supper ideas for my family of four to enjoy while I stick to this diet. Tonight's plan is either shrimp or scallops !?!? Any ideas anyone ?

Replies

• Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    What is 'this diet'? Just lower calories? Without knowing, best suggestion is to get on google and search healthy shrimp or healthy scallops, tons of stuff all over the internet.
  • rachelsherman92
    Options
    My diet is lower calories..garcinia cambogia , raspberry ketone, exercise , no pop no juice maybe ,1 cup of milk a few times a week and lots of spinach and other greens . been weighing out food counting calories every time I eat and just staying in control. I'm not on any real "diet" just watching what I eat when I eat and how much. I've lost 8 lbs in two weeks so it's really working :) ...I've heard the Atkins diet is good but it's very expensive lol
  • chaney3000
    chaney3000 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm going to make some flatbread pizza tonight. That would be great with shrimp.

Flatbread Lite 90 cal each
    Spinach
    Garlic
    Bell pepper
    Onion
    Fat free mozzarella
    Olive oil

I'm using ground turkey but you can definitely use shrimp.

Really low cal diner and it tastes great
  • rachelsherman92
    Options
    Thanks Channy3000 B) sounds delicious !

• mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    Options

Baby Arugula , Asiago shaved, Apple, pomegranate seeds with a basalmic dressing...then add seared scallops or shrimp.
    Use them to top a Milanese risotto

As a rule I don't want to overpower the delicate favours.....
  • Kamikazeflutterby
    Kamikazeflutterby Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Please stop the raspberry keytones and garcinia stuff. They're pretty pointless.

I also have a family of four, with two active kids and a husband with a physical job. I make dinners work for everyone with portion control and sides. Enter some of your normal recipes into the calorie counter. You might be pleasantly surprised.

For example, my baked spaghetti with a ton of full fat cheese is 708 calories, which is unacceptable. Change it from 6 to 8 servings per pan and it is 531, which is doable. I can eat that with a giant salad, feel full, and my oldest child will beg for some salad like mommy's. Win-win.

Sometimes I make a very low calorie main dish and need to add a higher calorie side for my family. If I make salmon it's great for me, but not enough for the kid with soccer practice the next day. That's when I make baked potatoes and roasted asparagus. I eat salmon and a big pile of asparagus. Everyone else gets salmon and a potato with butter and sour cream and asparagus. Another win.

I admit, I could not do meals this way if it weren't for the microwave. I'll make enough of one side for two nights and nuke it the next night. At least one night a week the slow cooker is my friend. I'll still make one dish meals and just eat less than everyone else.
  • rachelsherman92
    Options
    Thank you for the advice :)
  • rachelsherman92
    Options
    I love the croc pot!! That shrimp and scallops idea sounds great!!
  • smit7633
    smit7633 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    The food blog Cookie and Kate is a wonderful blog to follow