Question about Garmin fitness trackers

Options
Hi guys!

I recently bought a Misfit Flash activity tracker. Not a bad product tbh, as it's pretty simple and straightforward and pretty convenient as it can be worn using a clasp. I was looking at Garmin's products and, well, there are quite a few and I was wondering...

FIRST QUESTION: Is there a product that can be kept at waist level with a clip/clasp that also pairs up with a Garmin chest strap?

I already own a Forerunner watch that pairs up with a HR chest strap and it would be nice to have an activity tracker that also pairs up. I'm aware the VivoSmart does read the HR, but from what I read, it cannot be worn at waist level. The thing is, I cant wear a wristband when I play soccer.

SECOND QUESTION: What is your opinion/experience regarding the product you answered in the first question? :)

Thanks!

Replies

• TheBadToe
    TheBadToe Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I own a forerunner, and a Fitbit Surge. The surge is a watch that does HR, has stand alone GPS, or can pair with a smartphone's GPS. It works for treadmill running because it captures your steps. The damn thing can tell when you are running, walking, playing basketball, biking, or just doing aerobics. I track runs with the watch on mon, wed, fri... and I track hikes randomly through the month. The watch only requires a charge about every 5 days and takes about 1hr to fully charge up. It also gets your text messages and calls on the phones screen, and has alarms and such that you can program from the web. So the short answer is most products in this day and age can pair with any chest strap, you just have to look at the type of signal it sends out and make sure the product you want has the capability of receiving that particular signal... but I would forgo the chest strap and just get an all in one product.