Can't Wait For Easter!

Options

Replies

• GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Its got to be a Cadbury's chocolate buttons Easter egg. I refuse to buy the cream eggs since they changed the recipe :(
    What are PEEPS?
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I'm not really excited about any of these things. The candy I like is available year round.
    If there was a holiday where you got a basket of cheese then I'd be more excited.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    shell1005 wrote: »
    I used to LOVE peeps as a kid. I would leave them out so that they get crunchy and stale. My mom....god love her...knew this and would open my peep containers well before Easter.

Sadly...the vegetarian that I am...can no longer eat peeps....which for nostalgia's sake....leaves me with a sadz.

Awwww :) Your momma sounded awesome. Hugggs
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    I'm not really excited about any of these things. The candy I like is available year round.
    If there was a holiday where you got a basket of cheese then I'd be more excited.

That sounds like the best holiday ever. Can we add beer and bread to the basket?
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    Peep lovers, pinterest has recipes for rice krispie treats made from peeps. You make layers with different colored peeps. Big hit with the kids last Easter.
  • HStheBusyBee
    HStheBusyBee Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    This is going to be a rough Easter for me as it's my first one as a vegan. No creme eggs for me :(
  • Alluminati
    Options
    I like Cadbury eggs
  • Alluminati
    Options
    Peep lovers, pinterest has recipes for rice krispie treats made from peeps. You make layers with different colored peeps. Big hit with the kids last Easter.

This sounds AWESOME
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Sadly, they are all too sweet for me anymore. I got a Cadbury Creme Egg when they first came out around here and couldn't eat all of it. Those were my favorite as a kid though.
  • Slashnl
    Slashnl Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Those Cadbury mini eggs also come in white chocolate. LOVE them!
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I used to LOVE peeps as a kid. I would leave them out so that they get crunchy and stale. My mom....god love her...knew this and would open my peep containers well before Easter.

Sadly...the vegetarian that I am...can no longer eat peeps....which for nostalgia's sake....leaves me with a sadz.

Not even if you pick off the eyes?

I hear that's the most effective way to eat them when one is cleansing. :bigsmile:
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    There's a place in South Deerfield, Massachussets called Richardson's Candy Kitchen and they make the best white chocolate. I used to get solid white chocolate bunnies for Easter. Man, I miss them! I don't particularly like white chocolate but this stuff they made was amazing.
  • Nikkei74
    Nikkei74 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Things might be different where you are, but in Australia the Easter chocolate is always the poor quality stuff, unless you buy it from one of the really good shops where it's just too expensive to contemplate. So for me it's all about the hot cross buns. Could eat those all year if only someone would make them.
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »

You'll have to wait until January, I'm afraid...

http://www.punchbowl.com/holidays/national-cheese-lovers-day
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    I'm stockpiling Cadbury eggs.

Plus I've given up alcohol for Lent, so I'll have few cold ones waiting in the fridge to be consumed as soon as the Vigil mass is done. Hopefully the eggs will still get hidden competently.
  • brekober
    brekober Posts: 40 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Trolli sour brite eggs!
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options

I feel your pain. I developed an allergy to peanuts as an adult. The candy .. oh the candy :cry:
  • melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Now that I don't eat dairy chocolate anymore, I think I will be looking forward to some medjool dates or soy yogurt/pudding for Easter treats... There's also this really indulgent plant based chocolate stuff that I'm crazy about.
  • SusanKing1981
    SusanKing1981 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Its got to be a Cadbury's chocolate buttons Easter egg. I refuse to buy the cream eggs since they changed the recipe :(
    What are PEEPS?

High five! All my family and friends bring chocolate buttons over when they come to visit (I'm English, but I've been living in the US for about ten years now). I don't half miss proper Cadbury's chocolate.

You really don't want to know about Peeps.