should i eat back the calories that my fitbit adjusts on a non-exercise day???

Options
not sure, since i put myself under the lightly active category. doesn't that factor this in already?

Replies

• thepicadillomix
    thepicadillomix Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    So I try not to eat the calories I worked out back, however if you went for a long run, swim or did something very taxing on your body you might want to have a small portion of protein filled calories to allow your muscles to recover.
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    The Fibit calculates calories you're burning not only for deliberate exercise, but also just your daily activities. Even if you're sleeping or doing office work, you're still burning calories, so the fibit is giving you your TDEE, and you need to eat at a deficit to lose. If you set it to sync with MFP, MFP will tell you how many calories to eat based on your activity level and the deficit you need to lose. If you have negative adjustment set, then fitbit will actually adjust your calories downward to account for less active days.
  • bclarke1990
    bclarke1990 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Like I tell everyone, if you're absolutely starving after intense exercise, have some fruit or some carrots or a lower calorie snack that won't break the calorie bank (don't have a 700 calorie banana smoothie). Otherwise, exercise to be healthy and eat at a consistent deficit. Otherwise it gets really complicated if you're eating ~500 calories below maintenance, then you "burn 600 more rock-climbing", then you're trying to eat 400 back and overthinking about food.

Just my opinion, though.
  • angelamichelle_xo
    angelamichelle_xo Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    errrrrrrrr... okay.