Gerson therapy (diet)

Options
Has anyone tried Gerson therapy that has helped thyroid or any type of autoimmune system? Or maybe tried it in general?

Replies

• senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    Coffee enemas? Other than possibly drowsiness, it isn't curing anything.
    https://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/the-not-so-beautiful-untruth-about-the-gerson-therapy-and-cancer-quackery/
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    sammyre12 wrote: »
    Has anyone tried Gerson therapy that has helped thyroid or any type of autoimmune system? Or maybe tried it in general?

@sammyre12 I read about it since I have Ankylosing Spondylitis. I cut out sugar and grain and wound up eating a LCHF diet. My arthritis pain was not cured but well managed in just 30 days. 1.5 years later my pain and other health issues are well managed on the way I do LCHF.

Best of success in sorting through web info. :)
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    No, no, no!!! There is a reason Gerson therapy clinics are illegal in the US.
  • browneyes1520
    browneyes1520 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Have u looked at their list of banned foods? U can't even drink water! And all you're eating are fruits and vegetables. No protein of any sort, no healthy fats or healthy carbs. U can't even eat berries and u have to do coffee enemas. This plan does not sound healthy in the least and sounds like a whole lot of woo. Garbage!