Calories and carbs in sugar Free gum counts?

Options
i don't wanna sound too obsessed or anything like that, but I was just thinking about it and I started wondering if i should actually log in the gums that I chew, only because I'm kind of addicted and I might be able to go through and entire packet, or sometimes even start a second one, in just one day so I don't know if I should track it

Replies

• pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    What are your dietary/ weight goals? If you're losing weight and this is an everyday thing you do, I wouldn't track it since it's a consistent thing. If you wanted to you could, but id honestly just let it go if your steadily losing weight(:
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Yes - it can get you into trouble! :)
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    If I ate a pack of gum or mints a day, yep I would have to log it, but I don't have spare calories.

If you can spare XXXX number calories from this each day without needing to logging it, go ahead. But a piece or two, nope.
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    I chew gum at work. I don't see a need to record it.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    Options
    I like to be as accurate as possible so yeah I would and have logged it.
    But it isn't gum for me - it's usually mints.
    Even though they are only 2-5 calorie mints. If I have five of them in one day (or one sitting as it were) that is 25 calories just in mints (if it's the five calorie ones) and when you have a small deficit to work with, it can definitely start to make a difference.