My Tips + Add me, Looking for Motivation Friends

Options
Hello - I just want to give out my tips, that would of helped me when I started on my Path that I Think is essential for people to know - Plus I am looking for friends, Im on a journey too! Yes Im new to MFP!

1. Time. Time is essential. Do not go to the gym 3 times, expecting to hit your goals. Every time I Went to the gym I thought that was it - I was going to see results. Im over a month into a programme and just starting to see results. I felt them from day (obviously) but you only appreicate it when you can see them.

2. Set Realistic Goals. Me and my partner discussed my weight when I was at my heaviest. Undeducated and full of useless information. We set about me at 303pounds 6ft 2 man, on a 1200 calorie, Slim fast (get slim quick routine). Not only Was I damaging my body but my mental state was decreasing. I was losing weight - No doubt. But it was not the correct way. Not even remotely. I had no energy. My body hurt through every work it and it became a task. I was justifying such low calorie intake as the reason I was allowed the snacks I Was having, and it was soo counter productive. Trust me when I say, Eat more, Lose more. Just eat correct. Im now on a 1600 - 1700 calorie FOOD diet. I am feeling so much better when Training, Im able to train harder. And I look forward to it... I Really Do.

3. Find a programme. See, this relates to the Time in tip 1. Find a programme, Its a kick start. Novice or not - you can get your life SORTED by organising yourself on a programme. My Programme is a very common, strength gaining programme. I am 6 weeks in. The gains, results are a constant and it pushes me. My strength in lifts have doubled. And im only 6 weeks in. My form is on point and my body feels good. It motivates me itself. I want to increase it.

4. Rest. I was training 6 times a week. Im not an athelete. Im not a professional in any sort of sport/fitness industry. I am a normal regular Joe. For increasing your ability to lift more or train harder, you need to rest. I train, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday. Sunday is my hobby sport day (football/Soccer depending on what side of the pond your from) so before my football game I go gym and do accessorys.

5. Adopt a challenge. I do those 30 day challenges. Abs challenges, Pressups, etc. These help and can be done daily. Its more goals to set and achieve.

6. Use your eyes, and pictures. Throw away the scales. If you actual goal is to lose WEIGHT - then you need scales, obviously. Put them in a difficult place to get to so you don't just "quickly" check your weight. You can fluctuate by 10pounds in any given day. Once a week or fortnightly is the best option. You dont need to know your weight every day. Use your eyes, and pictures. If you look like you are slimming down, then you are losing FAT - and thats the important thing. Im 249 pounds, Down from 303. However I would'nt mind staying at 249 if it was all muscle. So the scales are helpless. If I notice IM up a pound or something it really throws me off.

I will add more to this post, and update the thread if there is interest - but Like I said it may help someone, it may not. Its just my way. At the end of the day we all have to find what works for ourselves and that is by far the most important peice of advice ANYONE can give. There is simple sums that work - Eat less calories and move more you lose weight. Eat more calories and lift heavier you build more muscle. but in a personal battle these don't help anyone. Find your own way.

Replies

• 6AMGANG
    6AMGANG Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Something I Forgot -

7. Nutrition. Learn. When you learn what you are and are not eating. It makes you want to make better choices. 100%. You look at a biscuit and think... "Thats 100 calories of X" and you decide not to eat it. Honestly, THis is one of my biggest achievements.