Pep talk please!

Options
I started monitoring my intake and exercise on December 29th and lost 9 lbs with only 6-8 more to go. We went on a family vacation last week and I certainly did not pig out, but I didn't log things and I let myself enjoy -'although I always picked the healthier choices. I got up and worked out early while I was there and just weighed myself and am back up 6lbs. How is that even possible? There is no way, literally no way I consumed enough calories for a 6lb weight gain. I'm feeling very frustrated and I just looked in the mirror naked and feel like I can see a difference. Ugh

Replies

• anna3669
    anna3669 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Happens to me all the time..Personally I find that weight that I've just lost can come back very quickly if I go off focus. Just get back on track and you'll see the results you deserve quickly enough! :smile:
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Happens to me after each vacation. Its likely just water retention . Drink your water and it will go away.
  • ghimm
    ghimm Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I've made a rule for myself that if I allow myself to indulge, I don't weigh myself until I've been back on track for about a week. That way any water weight is likely gone and I don't freak myself out.
  • Pawsforme
    Pawsforme Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Agreeing that most of it is almost certainly water weight. Give it a few days to a week to go away.
  • dorener
    dorener Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I will get back on track and not weigh myself again til next Wednesday. This really changed my whole mood this morning :(
  • aprilbyrd2014
    aprilbyrd2014 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    not seeing a response on the scale that would put you in the "Heck Yeah" moment... can be a little discouraging everyone on here couldn't have said it better just pick it up and start again, water weight can be a pain but you can lose it pretty quickly don't beat yourself up, being on vacation gives you a chance for a break everyone deserves that. congratulate yourself for the progress you have made and keep it up good luck
  • tripple7
    tripple7 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Are you guys saying that water retention only comes into action when you go on vacation?
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    You'll find most of that will be water weight from extra sodium or more carbs.... don't be hard on yourself, once you're back on track you'll see that all is well.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    tripple7 wrote: »
    Are you guys saying that water retention only comes into action when you go on vacation?

No, water retention happens for a host of reasons: hormones / eating too much sodium at any time/ extra carbs (for me anyway) / new workout regime.
  • dwyerpj1
    dwyerpj1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm sure it's just water. Give yourself a break. Don't feel guilty for enjoying your vacation and beat yourself up over a few pounds. You lost them once and quickly will again. Chin up!