2»

Replies

• Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    tripple7 wrote: »
    amyr271 wrote: »
    With these take-away drinks it's usually better to Make one yourself at home. I saw one trending article lately on the news on how some of these hot drinks from Starbucks, McDonald, Nero etc have more added sugar than a can of Coke some even had as much as 20 teaspoons of sugar :#

I doubt a black coffee is going to have added sugar...

With take-away drinks they do put add-ons (not necessarily sugar in some of the drinks) so that the ingredients can go a long a way as part of their cost/expense saving scheme. I drank a black coffee from McDonalds (for the first time) about two weeks ago. I tasted it and spat it right out (it was disgusting). It tasted nothing like coffee or the black coffee I make at home. Which I simply make myself by adding water + grinded organic coffee with no additional ingredients or sugar.

I will give an example of KFC. To make the chicken coating they're meant to use eggs, but my friend who works there says . They use a powdered mix which is labelled 'eggs'.. Since when is powdered eggs healthy ? I didn't even know it existed lol..

My point is.. Nothing beats homemade if you want to be healthy and eat clean or if you want real flavour.

It's.....coffee.

And what does the chicken coating on KFC have to do with a black coffee from Starbuck's??

:astonished:
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    Less than 10 calories. Black coffee, to me, is in the negligible category--like chewing gum and vitamins.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Starbucks tells me that a large Americano is 25 calories, so that's what I log when I order one.
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    I dont ever log coffee just what I put in it.

Its been forever... Id could so eat a super salty, crispy, powdered egg KFC chicken strip right now.... pass me the "bad"!

Coffee = KFC .... How?
  • vivelajackie
    vivelajackie Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I drink coffee every single day and don't log it. There are some blends that are up to 30 calories, but your run of the mill coffee is going to be under 10. Just drink and enjoy.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    amyr271 wrote: »
    With these take-away drinks it's usually better to Make one yourself at home. I saw one trending article lately on the news on how some of these hot drinks from Starbucks, McDonald, Nero etc have more added sugar than a can of Coke some even had as much as 20 teaspoons of sugar :#

I doubt a black coffee is going to have added sugar...

With take-away drinks they do put add-ons (not necessarily sugar in some of the drinks) so that the ingredients can go a long a way as part of their cost/expense saving scheme. I drank a black coffee from McDonalds (for the first time) about two weeks ago. I tasted it and spat it right out (it was disgusting). It tasted nothing like coffee or the black coffee I make at home. Which I simply make myself by adding water + grinded organic coffee with no additional ingredients or sugar.

I will give an example of KFC. To make the chicken coating they're meant to use eggs, but my friend who works there says . They use a powdered mix which is labelled 'eggs'.. Since when is powdered eggs healthy ? I didn't even know it existed lol..

My point is.. Nothing beats homemade if you want to be healthy and eat clean or if you want real flavour.

McDonalds coffee tastes like *kitten* because it's *kitten* coffee...not because they're adding stuff. A black coffee ceases to be a black coffee when things are added...and I'm pretty sure someone who orders a black coffee is going to recognize if there's 20 grams of added sugar.

There are plenty of take away coffee shops that make excellent black coffee...that is not inherently unhealthier than the black coffee I make at home.

And good grief, what the frick does chicken coating at KFC have to do with picking up an Americano at a coffee shop?