Why to be healthy over 30?

Options
I know many may wonder if they are to old to get healthy but I am here to say that I feel better and am able to do things that I couldn't when I was in my 20's.

Age is just a number when it comes to fitness. I see many people in their 20's who can not keep up with me in the gym or on a bicycle so for anyone wonder if your too old, or is it worth it. I can promise you it is. :)

Replies

• booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    To be honest, I've never seen anyone here say, "I'm in my 30s. Is it too late for me get in shape?"

However, I have seen many posts where people say, "I'm doing everything PERFECTLY and I'm just NOT LOSING. I think it's because I'm older". And then I look at their profile and they're 32 or something.

I am perimenopausal and will be 51 in May, and I'm losing. I've known women past menopause who have made it to goal (one woman from my WW days was close to 70 when she made goal).

But I guess if you're looking for an excuse for lack of progress, you'll take anything.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    I've never seen anyone say that being 30+ they're too late to change their shape either...

I waited until my 40s to get fit and look the best I ever have but I've equally seen women/men in their 50's, 60s and onwards doing the same... age is just a number.
  • dbkyser
    dbkyser Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Not saying people on here saying that, its the general public that sometimes feels that its too late. O
    Obviously people on here are making an attempt, and that is what counts.
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    I had the complete opposite- i said Im over 30- I need to get my $h!t together.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    How timely. Just today a woman who was standing outside of my office said to another woman, "If you have a baby after 30 there's no hope. Your body will never recover." I did not jump out and say "wanna bet?" but I was tempted.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I used to use that a lot when I was in my 30s and starting to put on weight..."Oh, just getting old...metabolism is shot, etc". When I was 38 I decided that was BS and that the real problem was my other than stellar dietary habits, my boozing, and a lot of sitting around at my office and then more sitting around when I got home.

I'm 41 now and I'm in better shape now than when I was in my mid 20s and leaner to boot.