Anyone have a Fitbit Aria scale? Mine seems to register low with Body Fat Percentage, does yours?

Options
Just got a new Fitbit Aria scale, registered 193.5 with 10.9% body fat. The Body Fat seems a little low for a 57yo male, but I will monitor it over the next few weeks to see what the average is. Does anyone else have an Aria, and does the BF% seem low on yours as well?

Replies

• hekla90
    hekla90 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Scales are not at all accurate for body fat, so the number is bunk.
  • coreyreichle
    coreyreichle Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm pretty positive I don't have a 16.2% bodyfat composition right now...
  • majigurl
    majigurl Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I have one.

It isn't accurate and not worth even looking at.
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Provided you use it properly (weigh under the same circumstances, at the same time, after using the restroom, while similarly hydrated, etc) you can use it for a general trend. THe number will not be accurate, but you can at least use the trend to see general upward or downward movement.

That said, mine estimates higher than Dexa does.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I have one. Recent readings are between 21.7% - 23%. Trendweight says the trend is about 22.4%.

Do I know if it's accurate? Not a clue, I don't have any other testing methods available to me. I just use it to watch the trend.
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    I have the scale.
    Mine trends the same and seems to be pretty accurate with the majority of the "calculators" online.
    I dont pay attention to it right now though.

Its the measuring tape that matters to me.
    Once at GW and I begin cut/bulk cycles- then it will matter.

• mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    We have one and it doesn't seem to be very accurate. One day it will measure me at 15%, the next 20%. I think the time of day and hydration level really make it fluctuate.
  • gilbyfc
    gilbyfc Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    my doctor recommended the Aria. My BF fluctuates and doesn't seem to be consistent with my weight loss. ie it goes up and down even though my weight has been dropping. all in all I like the scale
  • murp4069
    murp4069 Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I have one and I ignore the BF %. I can say mine is very consistent though - it always "measures" my BF% at 35.0 - 35.5 %.
  • Interbeing
    Interbeing Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your response, like others have said, I will trend it over the next few weeks and use it more as a general trend. The scale was provided for free through my healthcare plan at work otherwise I don't believe I would have purchased it. It consistently shows about a 0.4lb difference from my last scale which was a $30 BB&B special. Have a great weekend everyone!