Where do I start?

Options
Hey guys/gals! I've been using MFP for the last 70 days and have lost 29 lbs simply tracking my intake (no exercise). I'm still 28 lbs from my goal weight. I want to start (slowly) adding exercise to my healthy eating habits. Where do I start? Any recommendations on a good intro into the right exercises/strength training? I'm very green when it comes to a gym. Thanks!

Replies

• kelseymallen
    kelseymallen Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hi there. Congrats on losing so much weight already. When I first started at the gym, I had no clue how to workout. There were a few things that helped me.

1. The gym I bought a membership with gave me a few free personal training sessions when I signed up, and the trainer helped me get an idea of what I should be doing; see if there are any gyms in your area that offer two or three training sessions for free upon sign-up.

2. I use bodybuilding.com to look up exercises, how to do them properly, and to get a good idea of which muscles I should be working at which times. I usually pick two muscle groups per workout and focus on those.

3. I make sure I do my cardio. Most sources I can find have said between 1.5 - 2.5 hours of cardio per week is sufficient for cardiovascular health. Cardio also helps you lose body fat.