Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Tattoos.. piercings.. both or none

Options

Replies

• backontheattack
    backontheattack Posts: 3,178 Member
    Options
    miro0518 wrote: »
    I think it looks best when its a full commitment, full sleeves, chest peace, back peace, etc. Go big!!! That is the hottest.

Personally, I'm more about the meaning. All my ink has a story behind it. Collectively they'll end up as one massive back piece by the time I'm done, but individually none of them are particularly big tattoos.

@BigDougie1211 - I love the meaning and art behind the ink.
  • NYRhockey00
    NYRhockey00 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Had piercings when i was younger.....half sleeves are coming along slowly but surely (has to be half, stupid corporate america)
  • miro0518
    miro0518 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I use to only focus on the meaning too until a tattoo artist point out to me that "once you have sat through a tattoo and permanently have it on your body it has meaning to you." Art is art. A beautiful or technical peace done with a craftsman touch is something to admire. Weather it has a spiritual meaning or not.
  • BigDougie1211
    BigDougie1211 Posts: 3,530 Member
    Options
    miro0518 wrote: »
    I use to only focus on the meaning too until a tattoo artist point out to me that "once you have sat through a tattoo and permanently have it on your body it has meaning to you." Art is art. A beautiful or technical peace done with a craftsman touch is something to admire. Weather it has a spiritual meaning or not.

That's a good point. And I'll admit it's only personal preference. To me though, I need a reason for it to be there. I have a family crest that I had done on the anniversary of my Dad's death for example, because he was incredibly proud of family, into geneology etc.
    All mine are reflective of a specific event or period of time in my life.
    The idea is that by the time I die, my life story will be on my back.

I certainly don't think it's a superior approach, it's just my approach.
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    naidy1992 wrote: »
    What do people like.. I love both and have both... What about everybody else :)

Your parents must be so ashamed!
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    for me, none, for others go for it! i like the good tattoos i like the horrible ones, i like the stories, i love ink master, i love seeing what people pierce next. express yourself!! its how you define your tribe.
  • S1na3dy
    S1na3dy Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    naidy1992 wrote: »
    What do people like.. I love both and have both... What about everybody else :)

Your parents must be so ashamed!
    Yeah my dad hates pericings and tats my mum is ok with them but it's up to the individual.. And every one has an opinion.. Even if they say no don't do it I will anyway ha
  • Starman02
    Starman02 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I have both- not many piercings anymore. But i love tattoos! I have quite a few pieces done.
  • thatdarnkat
    thatdarnkat Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have 5 tattoos (just got my most recent one on Saturday) and only piercings in my ears, mainly because it's all I wanted. Half of those have closed up, I want to get them redone, maybe get a few more. I definitely want more ink. Oh, and both my parents are inked and pierced, so no parental shame here ;)
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    Options
    Love both! I have more Ink than most people would think I have and also piercings!
    Adding more to my Tats next week and contemplating a microdermal piercing high on my cheekbone area near my eye!
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,965 Member
    Options
    I like bothh and have neither.
  • kimberlymarie005
    kimberlymarie005 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have a few tatts(I want more) and piercings..I find both on men very SEXY!!! But no matter what, he has to have a great personality and sense of humor!!!
  • gcibsthom
    gcibsthom Posts: 30,120 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I like tatts, but like to know that there is a story behind it...some sort of meaning. I have one from my old Army command unit. Piercings on other people, I can take them or leave them...I'm just not a piercing kinda guy...
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    Absolutely yes to both...esp the tattoos
  • Raechel120
    Raechel120 Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Yes properly placed very sexy on the right person love tattoos! I have a 1/4 sleeve in all B&G work and as far as piercings I'm not a huge fan all I have is my ears along with my rook
  • Wolverine_76
    Wolverine_76 Posts: 4,482 Member
    Options
    None just yet but want a full sleeve, no piercings though
  • kap328
    kap328 Posts: 23 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Love. Have one tattoo and simple ear piercing. I badly want more of both. Picture is blurry, but it's a rose. 89vxvrh9ubp3.jpeg
  • ktfranke
    ktfranke Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    3 Tattoos: 2 on back, 1 on foot.
    Piercings: ears, nose & ex-eyebrow
  • callmejessica
    callmejessica Posts: 1,868 Member
    Options
    I have both and like tattoos on guys.