New dress, what shoes?

Options
3dogsrunning
3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
I bought a new dress today but have no idea what color/type shoes would go. I am terrible at this so I am appealing to the MFP masses to help me find ideas.

This is the dress (on my phone the color looks a little iffy, trim is yellow and white)

dfdfe3fe-a204-46c1-aa1b-b106535d8814_zps1075ee55.jpg

ETA
Sorry for the hugeness. While I attempt to resize you can right click and open it or here is the link
http://www.wmboutique.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/IMG_48062.jpg

Replies

• anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    that's really cute. I actually think you could wear anything with it. Would try to stay away from matchy matchy, though, maybe not the colours actually in the dress. I'd go for orange! (but, nude will never steer you wrong)

(orange because of where it is on the colour wheel viz the blue & yellow. but green would be cute, red might be a little much but still ok, even pink, adorable).

type of shoe: sorry it's unhelpful, but anything, really - depends on the occasion. Flats would be nice, so would platforms/wedges, or open-toed sandals. would try to keep things looking 'open', to avoid cutting off the line of the leg (ie no gladiator shoes, unless you have super long legs & that doesn't matter)
  • hide_yo_cats
    hide_yo_cats Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Ohhhh, very pretty!

Where are you going to wear it? You can dress it up or down with the shoes and the rest of your accessories, so it depends on what you're going for with the whole outfit. :flowerforyou:
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Casual-I would do a pair of espadrilles in the brown family....nude, camel, or brown.

Dressy-nude pumps.
  • 3dogsrunning
    Options
    Ohhhh, very pretty!

Where are you going to wear it? You can dress it up or down with the shoes and the rest of your accessories, so it depends on what you're going for with the whole outfit. :flowerforyou:

No where in particular at this time.
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    Brown strappy flat sandals or white peeptoe pumps. I think if you're girly enoug you could get away with some sort of heidi braid messy bun too. Like this:

http://whippedstyle.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/177375343_PiwM0O6P_c.jpg
  • traynorj82
    traynorj82 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I think something fun like a red shoe would be very cute with that dress.
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    Brown strappy flat sandals or white peeptoe pumps. I think if you're girly enoug you could get away with some sort of heidi braid messy bun too. Like this:

http://whippedstyle.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/177375343_PiwM0O6P_c.jpg

I get a lot of wear out of my brown strappy flat sandals, agree that is a good bet.

Personally, I dislike white shoes except in very particular circumstances, not sure I can articulate why.

I'm not sure about nautical shoes, might be going overboard (sorry to disagree, ladies)!
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    2e5jcwi.jpg

Then you can have red accessories.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    Or more casual

2lm5p2t.jpg
  • usernameMAMA
    usernameMAMA Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Both of the above shoes are cute. I like the idea of sticking with the nautical theme. Too bad they aren't peep toes though...
  • 3dogsrunning
    Options
    Or more casual

2lm5p2t.jpg

I like both but I love these.

Thanks everyone!

And I love the hairstyle too. I am as clueless on doing my hair as I am with putting together outfits. I may try to find a tutorial to do that style though. #tryingtobemoreofagirl
  • debbash68
    debbash68 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    http://www.lyst.com/shoes/tods-suede-peep-toe-wedges-blue/
    These are perfect but I can't find how to upload a photo, if anyone else an help!
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    LOVEEEEEEEEE!
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I think orange would be really cute or maybe even a light blue
  • DragonSquatter
    DragonSquatter Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    Christian_Louboutin_Very_Prive_Peep_Toe_Pumps_Pink_original_img_gallery_1318314457_490_.jpg

Nude pumps with a matching leather bag would be really nice.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    2e5jcwi.jpg

Then you can have red accessories.

Voting for something like these bad boys. Too too cute.

Also your dress is fab. I think we need pictures of you in the dress though. :P
  • tennileb
    tennileb Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    red or yellow sling back flats or kitten heel
  • LibertyBelle89
    Options
    Nude pumps, white sandals or wedges.... even red pumps would pop with that outfit! Can't go wrong

Its such a pretty dress BTW I bet your gonna rock it no matter what shoe you wear ^_^
  • Tiff050709
    Tiff050709 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Red flats.
  • Jmonz
    Jmonz Posts: 7
    Options
    Would definitely not wear pumps with this style of dress. I suggest a wedge sandal in a light colour but in the end you have to like it and be confident in what you are wearing. Poke round the internet and have a look at fashion retali websites - not for exactly what to buy but for styling tips. But always be aware of the "one too many Vogue magazines" outfit - you know the one where you steal too many diferent ideas from a fashion mag and try and wear them all at once!