Operation fit into HS prom dress. Here it goes! (50lbs lost goal.)

Hello there new friends!
I wanted to take a second to introduce myself.
I'm a recent college grad that put on (quite a few) pounds stress eating my way through school, and post-college life has not been much better!

Although I've never been considered thin, I would really like to try to get back to a healthier weight than where I currently stand.
My non-scale goal is to fit back into my high school prom dress (or at the very least be able to zipper it all the way).

Here's to everyone else taking on this new tough challenge to get healthy, and if you're looking for new friends feel free to 4each out! I promise I don't bite!

Replies

• samwiserabbit
    samwiserabbit Posts: 153 Member
    Welcome to the real world, and MFP. You'll have to post a picture of yourself in that dress when it fits.
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,281 Member
    That's going to be a great day :) I got into my wedding dress last summer (with room) and wore it out to dinner (not a traditional wedding dress, lol). I've been married 24 years and had three huge babies. You can do it!!
  • Be_Lively
    Be_Lively Posts: 145 Member
    Awesome goal. I don't have a prom dress, but I have a couple of dresses from high school that I would love to be able to squeeze into!
  • Shredded_McGrunt
    Shredded_McGrunt Posts: 18 Member
    Go for it! Added!
  • NellyOhh
    NellyOhh Posts: 34 Member
    You can do it! :)
  • kmmykietiuk17
    kmmykietiuk17 Posts: 28 Member
    The struggle!! I'm kind of in a similar position I'm not overweight Just working 2 jobs and school full time took a toll on my body. I just feel soft and weak and I'm really trying to lean out tone up and take control of my body/life again! For me personally i CANNOT buy Ice cream or cheez its. I know myself well enough to know I will eat an entire box in a day or finish a carton of ice cream in 2 days. Do not set yourself up for failure by buying things you know you do not have the willpower yet to turn down or practice self control with. Give yourself no other option but to eat right by not buying the foods that brought you down this road. You can overcome this!!! You just have to give yourself the chance !!