Calorie intake minus excercise

My fitness pal has me on a 2260 cal/day schedule. I'm running 1 mile and strength training for about 50 minutes 4 nights a week. 1 night a week training for a 5K by running one as fast as I can. My question is what is a good final count on Calories. Do they want me to eat only 2260 and any exercise that brings that down is good? What is a good net for the day? My average has been around 1500/day for the past two weeks.

Replies

• ilex70
    ilex70 Posts: 727 Member
    edited March 2016
    If you have entered your activity level as "sedentary" on MFP then your deficit to lose your goal #s per week is already factored in.

Some people do eat back their exercise calories, some only eat back half. General consensus seems to be that the calorie burns listed on MFP are too high.

With a net of 1500 calories a day (minimum for men) it is your call if you want to eat them back.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    Ideally your net calories should be 2260, as that's the goal MFP gave you. But since it's easy to overestimate calories burned through exercise, especially those through strength training, it's best to only eat half of them back.