We need a generic "Results Not Typical" disclaimer

Options
2»

Replies

• MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options

We are all adults here and how we choose to achieve our goals is up to each of us and our health care professionals.

Key words here. Congrats on your loss!
  • Dvdgzz
    Dvdgzz Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Just wondering, how do you know what is too fast for someone else? I love MFP, and how it has helped me become healthier, but this is exactly what I do not like about MFP. Judging others by what some may perceive to be the correct, or incorrect, way this should be done by anyone other than your self. People you don't know, and most people are not qualified to give advice, with not degree or expertise. All anyone can do, is comment about what did, or did not work for themselves and let others, with the help of their health care professionals, decide for themselves how to go about this.

I lost 100# the first 7 months on MFP, and the success stories are what motivated me to keep going. By 1 year, I had lost 140#, by 20 months 160#. My doctor, and nutritionist were with me on this from day1. I have been on maintenance for over 2 years. Healthier than I have been in decades.

The statistics say that over 80% of people that lose weight, no matter how they lose it, what diet they follow, gain all of the weight they lost back, sometimes they gain even more, within 5 years. You see evidence of this everyday through posts on MFP. My goal, since achieving maintenance, is to not gain the weight back, to make it past the 5 year mark. It is a long way off, but, so far, so good.

We are all adults here and how we choose to achieve our goals is up to each of us and our health care professionals.

A good example of someone who lost it quickly and was able to maintain. Good job!
  • Sparkles_Chaos_n_Curves
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    The diet industry set the unrealistic expectations. There are TONS of stories on here about people who have lost at a slow pace. Mine is one of those and I averaged 20 pounds per year. These stories are just as inspirational to many people. I think the comments about them being inspirational are more about how they are happy to see that weight loss is possible than they are about the speed of the loss. Making a disclaimer comment on someone else's success story is raining on their parade and going to look bitter.

I agree with @usmcmp