How do you take your coffee?

Options
Mythril
Mythril Posts: 146 Member
I'm watching my carbs but man the Tim Horton's on my corner is singing to me! I usually order a large cafe mocha, it's been my favorite since the 8th grade. I love the whipped cream best, it's wonderful.... ahem... Anyways. I've been craving coffee and although I make an excellent pot at home I'm wondering what to order if I find myself at a coffee place in the near future. My siblings, husband and mother all love coffee too so it's possible at any moment that I'll find myself at a coffee place.

Replies

• 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    I use a sweet n low, couple of sprinkles of cinnamon and 2tbsp of half n half :)
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    I don't have Timmie's that often, but the cals in a double double are crazy - 200 for a medium! (not sure about carbs)

I have found that most places really suck at making regular percolated coffee, unless you know FOR SURE, from word of mouth or lucking into a good place, that they care about it. Until lately, I've been reduced to adding so much cream and sugar to hide stale or bitter flavours, it's been ridiculous.

I think most places mess up lattes/cappuccinos a bit less. So will be returning to skim latte or cappuccino w a little bit of sugar. Will still be less disgusting/calorific than my failed efforts to get just a good cup of plain coffee w cream.
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    I take it with heavy cream, butter, and coconut oil.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    It depends on what I'm in the mood for. If I want just coffee I get the darkest roast the place has, add a sprinkle of cocoa on top, and a packet of sweetener. If I want something vaguely coffee flavoured I tend to go with either a macchiato or latte, with skim milk and a shot of sugar free syrup to flavour. Depending on my day I may still get the whip if I have extra calories to burn.
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    Black. Scalding hot. No milk. No sugar. I like it strong, dark, and bitter! I ADORE bitter (I'm not joking). Unsweetened chocolate, dark beer, raw rhubarb. I love it. I used to drink the leftover pickle juice from the bottle when I was a kid too. I know that black coffee isn't everyone's cup of tea (HARDY HAR HAR!) but it is the healthiest and lowest calories.
  • Kylwalton
    Kylwalton Posts: 8
    Options
    Skim latte, one Splenda, one raw sugar
  • RunningForeverMama
    RunningForeverMama Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    With half-&-half. I quit the sugar a few months ago, there was a time I couldn't imagine my coffee w/o sweetener. I've also written off artificial sweeteners, though I'm okay with some Stevia (but I hate it in coffee!).
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    Black. Scalding hot. No milk. No sugar. I like it strong, dark, and bitter! I ADORE bitter (I'm not joking). Unsweetened chocolate, dark beer, raw rhubarb. I love it. I used to drink the leftover pickle juice from the bottle when I was a kid too. I know that black coffee isn't everyone's cup of tea (HARDY HAR HAR!) but it is the healthiest and lowest calories.

Lol! Agree, I also like strong, dark coffee when it's *supposed* to be bitter; strongly dislike when it's bitter because it's been sitting on a burner for 2 hours
  • TravelDog14
    TravelDog14 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    A tall Americano with perfectly pulled shots of espresso is my coffee drink of choice.
    I add a splash of half and half and call it good.
  • Four_Leaf_Clover
    Four_Leaf_Clover Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I love iced coffee with a little milk and one splenda.

When it's cold, I like a tall skim latte with an extra shot of espresso (for a stronger coffee flavor) with one splenda (or raw sugar) - very tasty with cinnamon on top.

The latte also gives you about a cup of milk and 8 grams protein - I find it makes a decent snack in the winter.

I wish I could drink it black, but it's too much for me. I do like it pretty dark, but I need a little milk and sweetner.
  • moorednorham
    Options
    I take it with heavy cream, butter, and coconut oil.

same
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I like my coffee just black and a little hotter than luke warm. If I do splurge though and go to the coffee shop I really like the Almond Caramel Lattes, or Butter Rum n Creme D'Menthe is good too.
  • lolululaladidah
    Options
    Large, strong and black! just call me a regular gilmore girl :)
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options

Lol! Agree, I also like strong, dark coffee when it's *supposed* to be bitter; strongly dislike when it's bitter because it's been sitting on a burner for 2 hours

Not a Starbucks fan either? I tried their black coffee in a pinch one time. Gross. Caribou was the only chain that I really loved. I miss it.
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I like my coffee like I like my women... cold and bitter.

Seriously, though I take it black, no additives. Decaffeinated after 4 PM unless it's an all-nighter at work.
  • EvelynBfly78
    EvelynBfly78 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Out - black with one Splenda
    At home - with one Splenda & 2 oz unsweetened vanilla almond milk
    Hot or iced same way
  • tennileb
    tennileb Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I like my coffee with a packet of sweet leaf stevia (I'm sure it is not good for me...tricking my body to expect sugar then not delivering sugar) but no cream no sugar no milk...I's loving me some timmies but my weakness is ice cap on a hot summer day (we only get one hot day up north)
  • msjersey73
    msjersey73 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I dink Tea instead, but i use unsweetened original almond milk and coconut palm sugar (sap crystals).
  • 4caster
    4caster Posts: 2
    Options
    I sometimes splurge on a tall, skinny, sugar free syrup, late but, don’t rule out regular coffee. A little cinnamon or nutmeg can perk up a plain cup of coffee. Try it at home first. You can sprinkle spices right in the brewing basket with the grounds.
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Black! Although, you know what they say about coffee.... once you go black... you sometimes go back. :wink: