Apetamin / cyproheptadine

Options
Anyone taking these ? (Liquid or pill) if so, in what dose and how they are working?:)

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    why are you asking about a dug that is used to stimulate hunger in children? I had to look up chyproheptadine and this is what I found:

Cyproheptadine is currently clinically used as an appetite stimulant for children with failure to thrive without underlying organic disease. Otherwise, no randomised control trial demonstrates the efficacy of Cyproheptadine on those patients. This is precisely what the investigators intend to demonstrate on this randomised placebo control cross-over trial. Our hypothesis is that Cyproheptadine is more efficient than placebo to improve weight gain and feeding behaviour on 2 to 4 years old children with failure to thrive.

It also appear to be an antihistamine..

just eat real food ….not sure why you need drugs….
  • rodriguezangel316ar
    Options
    It's to stimulate apetite for those who don't get hungry enough bto eat the calories needed to gain weight. Cyproheptadine has to be prescribed , which I am. And apetimin is a syrup that contains cyproheptadine and other vitamins and can be purchased online.
    Google or search on YouTube "weight gain with apetamin"
  • rodriguezangel316ar
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    why are you asking about a dug that is used to stimulate hunger in children? I had to look up chyproheptadine and this is what I found:

Cyproheptadine is currently clinically used as an appetite stimulant for children with failure to thrive without underlying organic disease. Otherwise, no randomised control trial demonstrates the efficacy of Cyproheptadine on those patients. This is precisely what the investigators intend to demonstrate on this randomised placebo control cross-over trial. Our hypothesis is that Cyproheptadine is more efficient than placebo to improve weight gain and feeding behaviour on 2 to 4 years old children with failure to thrive.

It also appear to be an antihistamine..

just eat real food ….not sure why you need drugs….
    It's to stimulate apetite for those who don't get hungry enough bto eat the calories needed to gain weight. Cyproheptadine has to be prescribed , which I am. And apetimin is a syrup that contains cyproheptadine and other vitamins and can be purchased online.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,394 MFP Moderator
    Options

What you will find, the majority of the people on this board are rather against suppressants/stimulants outside of caffeine. I am, too. But you don't have to eat large amounts of food to reach your goal of weight loss, but you will need to concentrate on high calorie foods such as these. Also, while during a cut it's a curse, weight training has been one of the biggest stimulants for me, especially low rep/very high weight.
  • alexislewis214
    alexislewis214 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have started taking apetamin I have been for a week now. I'm ordering another bottle since it worked so good! I have been in my 90s all my life I am 21 with two kids even when pregnant I barely made it to 110 as my highest weight. So I believe it's working I am actually able to finish a whole meal when I take apetamin..
  • kingkam21
    kingkam21 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Eat more fruits, or even fruit juice. Fruits contain natural digestive enzymes that allow your body to digest your food properly which will allow you to eat more food. How many calories are you eating a day?
  • rodriguezangel316ar
    Options
    I have started taking apetamin I have been for a week now. I'm ordering another bottle since it worked so good! I have been in my 90s all my life I am 21 with two kids even when pregnant I barely made it to 110 as my highest weight. So I believe it's working I am actually able to finish a whole meal when I take apetamin..

I was prescribed cyproheptadine (apetamin without the vitamins) 4mg but I was worried about the sleepiness so I took half a tablet and omg i was so hungry all day lol I met my calorie goal and kept eating after which is definitely not easy for me to do lol
  • psuLemon
    Options
    Keep in mind if you cant control your intake and over shoot your goal, most of your gains will be fat.
  • alexislewis214
    Options
    I'm okay with gaining fat because I am very active I weigh myself today an I am 100lbs so I'm very happy. What type of Doctor can see for weight gaining? I do think I have a eating disorder just because my body is contempt without food I hardly ever feel hungry I have gone 2 almost 3 days without food an it didn't bother me a bit. I scare myself sometimes.. But apetamin is definitely working I was going to order cb1 weight gainer if this didn't work. I'm going to try apetamin a month if not I will do something else. I have all the foods an things that everyone is always talking about now I just have to eat it..
  • alexislewis214
    Options

I was prescribed cyproheptadine (apetamin without the vitamins) 4mg but I was worried about the sleepiness so I took half a tablet and omg i was so hungry all day lol I met my calorie goal and kept eating after which is definitely not easy for me to do lol

Why did the doctor prescribe it?
  • candyshopping456
    Options
    Idk why but it's not working for me..I'm just bloated
  • psuLemon
    edited December 2016
    Options

Why did the doctor prescribe it?

It's possible she wanted a stimulate that was controlled vs one found on the internet. Also, the below thread might help you. If I was in your shoes, I would 1. work with a therapist if you have some ED issues, and 2. stop looking for supplements to help you gain weight. Often when relying on a supplement, you fall off the wagon once you get off that supplement. If you want to gain and maintain those gains, you need to learn what foods help you get their.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10326769/are-you-a-hard-gainer-please-read/p1
  • chell191
    chell191 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've had a success story with apetamin I love it..this app really helps me keep track of what I need to eat. The sleepiness only last for 3days and your appetite increases so much I love it
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Does anyone else find it odd that it seems that the only people here that ever talk about this product are those with very low post counts, often first posts the first few minutes they are on? They also always seem to be so enthusiastic and so I'm wondering about shilling. I think the mods should deal with these posts with suspicion.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else find it odd that it seems that the only people here that ever talk about this product are those with very low post counts, often first posts the first few minutes they are on? They also always seem to be so enthusiastic and so I'm wondering about shilling. I think the mods should deal with these posts with suspicion.

Both suspicious and moronic I would say. If you've been skinny your whole life, why do you need to gain "20lbs in 4 weeks".