Options

Replies

• sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I'm just trying to figure out how one would actually cut the fat off the bacon...logistically this just seems crazy...and bacon is mostly fat so what would you really have left.

When I eat bacon I just eat bacon...I've been getting a nice thick center cut lately that's only about 100 calories per 2 pan fried slices.

I do. I don't like chewing on bubbles of fat. I cook my bacon just this side of burnt, and I tear off any bubbles of fat that didn't render.

Why not? It's my thing. I don't go all over the PB2 people, even though I think that's sacrilege.

Maybe I'm like this because I am Canadian.

Canadian bacon doesn't have much fat . . .

As a Canadian, I eat many American and Mexican products, like Avocados, Oranges, and...American style bacon. I find American style bacon fatty, so I will tear off the big fat globs of fat.

But the question is do you eat freedom fries or are you québécois?
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    What the heck are Freedom Fries? I had to google that.>>>>google search<<<<<< Oh. Vive la France. Boo Poutine. Too fatty.
  • jgnatca
    Options
    Oh, and P.S. Don't you think now maybe that Iraq was a mistake? I say subdue those countries that manage to garner world-wide disdain (i.e. UN resolution). I am thinking now the US was tricked in to getting embroiled in a very home-grown (Saudi Arabia vs Iraq) dispute that has more to do with historical hatreds and greed.
  • sunnybeaches105
    Options
    Oh, and P.S. Don't you think now maybe that Iraq was a mistake? I say subdue those countries that manage to garner world-wide disdain (i.e. UN resolution). I am thinking now the US was tricked in to getting embroiled in a very home-grown (Saudi Arabia vs Iraq) dispute that has more to do with historical hatreds and greed.

I'm embroiled in my cocktail while sitting next to my pool in mid-70s weather. What was the question again? Oh yea, are you going to eat that bacon?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,527 Member
    Options
    That's blasphemy! NEVER.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • jgnatca
    Options
    It's 11C (that's 52F to you) here. Not too shabby this far North. Yay global warming.

We don't bother buying bacon any more. I have yogurt and fruit with my pancakes. I'll have a BLT once in a while, but those bubbles of fat better have been rendered to nothing or I'm tearing them off.
  • sunnybeaches105
    Options
    It's 11C (that's 52F to you) here. Not too shabby this far North. Yay global warming.

We don't bother buying bacon any more. I have yogurt and fruit with my pancakes. I'll have a BLT once in a while, but those bubbles of fat better have been rendered to nothing or I'm tearing them off.

Okay. But just so you know, I'm eating the last piece of bacon. And, since you're not eating it, pass the poutine
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I'm just trying to figure out how one would actually cut the fat off the bacon...logistically this just seems crazy...and bacon is mostly fat so what would you really have left.

When I eat bacon I just eat bacon...I've been getting a nice thick center cut lately that's only about 100 calories per 2 pan fried slices.

I do. I don't like chewing on bubbles of fat. I cook my bacon just this side of burnt, and I tear off any bubbles of fat that didn't render.

Why not? It's my thing. I don't go all over the PB2 people, even though I think that's sacrilege.

Maybe I'm like this because I am Canadian.

I could see that...I was picturing someone trying to trim the bacon like you would trim a roast before cooking...
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    I usually overestimate on my food anyways, and round up whenever possible. I'd say just log the amount of the full meal, by doing so, you lessen the error factor between calories in and calories out. But that's just me! xo
  • jgnatca
    Options
    @sunnybeaches105 if it were you, me, and the last bacon on earth, I'll make a play for it.
  • sunnybeaches105
    Options
    @sunnybeaches105 if it were you, me, and the last bacon on earth, I'll make a play for it.

Hold on. It just dipped down to 74. Let me put a sweatshirt on first. It's getting a bit nippy down here
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    just eat the food and be happy.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    daveoliffe wrote: »
    Hey everyone - lol some of your messages made me laugh. Thanks for your replies. I've decided that since I'm counting calories now, I should stop being weird and just eat the whole lot without worrying too much.

Smart thinking, enjoy the bacon! ;)
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    turkey bacon. ftw.

Ick. I feel bad for turkeys who end up as bacon. There is no glory in dying when your afterlife is lived as a strip of turkey bacon.

"Thanksgiving dinner or bust."
    - Tom Turkey
  • jgnatca
    Options
    Meanwhile, in Canada....
    hqdefault.jpg
  • sunnybeaches105
    Options
    Wait! Did the OP seriously cut the fat off bacon? I didn't hallucinate that, right?!
  • andrewjbaker1984
    andrewjbaker1984 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to say that I'm with Dave - I always cut the fat off the bacon. Don't give in to peer pressure mate, keep cutting that fat off! Or you could save yourself the hassle and buy medallions. Surprisingly low in calories actually
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to say that I'm with Dave - I always cut the fat off the bacon. Don't give in to peer pressure mate, keep cutting that fat off! Or you could save yourself the hassle and buy medallions. Surprisingly low in calories actually

What is a medallion? Sounds very Gen Y, like a participation medal.
  • jennarayee96
    jennarayee96 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am having a hard time to even cut bacon because it is so good. however I don't see how you can cut the fat off the bacon
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Not to get off topic, but this reminds me of when I was younger older girls who would pat their slices of pizza with napkins... Then seeing the movie Along came Polly and the Phillip Seymour Hoffman character saying it was the best part and adding the dripping grease from Ben Stiller's to his slice - lol