How much exercise??

Hey everyone so I'm trying to find out about how much exercise I should be doing per day/ per week? I'm only able to work out at home... I have a regular treadmill, elliptical, and an ab lounger.. But I'm not sure how much of what I need to do or if I need to be doing some kind of exercise off of the equipment. Any tips will definitely help.

Replies

• drachfit
    drachfit Posts: 217 Member
    What are your goals?
  • Mathsrunner
    Mathsrunner Posts: 93 Member
    Depends who you listen to, I think a lot of people say at least 2.5 hours per week of moderate exercise to stay healthy. Some strengthening exercises would also be beneficial. You don't have to leave the house to exercise (especially as you have equipment to help already), just be creative to vary what you do - a bag of flour, for instance, can double as a weight, sit ups and push ups require no extra equipment and a step on the stairs can be used in place of a step for training. Just make it up as you go along - as long as it increases your heart rate and you feel the aches from it you are making progress. My only worry would be being stuck inside may lead to the exercise becoming boring and costing you your motivation.
  • Thank you to both of you. My goals are to lose body fat and gain muscle. My doctor told me I was obese being I weigh at 230lb at age 22 and I'm 5'9". So I'm trying to lose weight mainly right now I guess. I was really hoping to lose around 30lb by July 4th for my 1 ye anniversary with my husband lol so that what I'm trying to use as motivation. I've just learned good info as far as my diet goes which I'm definitely gonna try and just trying to see what exercises I need to do as well to boost the weight loss.