Options
2»

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    Lennonluv2 wrote: »
    mathjulz wrote: »
    Zumba can make you really sweat. Are you making sure to get enough hydration? Are your electrolytes in balance? Either of those can make you feel lethargic.

I have on occasion mixed my water with G2. I am literally dripping sweat on the gym floor.
    robininfl wrote: »
    I do early morning workouts without eating. Fasted training. The key for me is to eat a good supper the night before. If I just have, say, popcorn or a couple of triscuits and cheese because I'm not really hungry, or think I ate too much already, then I will not get a good workout, it doesn't feel good, and I'll stay tired after.

How early are you working out? If it's really too early to get up earlier and eat (I run at 5:30 or yoga at 6:00, no way am I going to get up even earlier to have time to eat and let it 'settle') Try eating more of your calories at suppertime, and drink enough water that you really have to pee when you wake up!

And yes, in the end, good performance and losing weight can be competing goals, you need to eat enough to have the energy to really feel good while exercising, the exercise will build fitness and muscle and your body will get better if you aren't trying to aggressively limit calories.

I usually work out between 8am and 10am. I'm up at 6 because my cat says so lol and my appetite kicks in after the gym usually. Right now i'm drinking a spinach, banana, almond milk smoothie and I added honey. I'm just feeling hungry now. No Zumba today but am strength training later.

thats typically when i work out too. i have to have a small breakfast. either yogurt or half a mcmuffin (my dogs get the other half LOL). for ME, ifihave nothing, i wont be able to make it through my workout and will feel like crap.

i also eat an early lunch and dinner though, so that may factor in (cause after i workout im famished)

play with your macros, make sure youre eating enough (I'm 5'1 and eat between 14-1500 most days). i eat back some calories if i feel i need it or am being a pig ;)