Calling all petite women 5'3" and under Friends needed!

Options

Replies

• babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2", currently 124lbs. Trying to get down to 120 and then possibly 115 after that.
  • sonia291
    sonia291 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi I am new at this and first time at mfp, I started in june weighing in at 190. I am also 5'3" . I now weigh 182 lbs. I work out everyday on treadmill for 60 mins. Sometimes I eat what I burn off and stay under 1200, but lately I've been stuck, no more, no less. So I am going to see if I can add another hour of cardio because I feel the need to lose fat first before I can go into strength training. So yes, I need friends too. Add me as yours.
  • southernmom3
    southernmom3 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3" and currently weigh 163 - starting weight in March was 186 - down 23 pounds so far.(yes) I try to eat the 1200 calories as the site suggests and some days I have to add a snack to make it reach 1200 calories. I don't think I under eat I think my body doesn't need 2000 calories or more like others have suggested but to each his own. Do what your body tells you to - what it needs to work is what it needs.

Feel free to add me as a friend. I have a ways to go - my next goal is to be in the 150s by the end of July and reach the 30 # mark sooner than later. I am doing this slowly but surely to make it stick - make it a permanet life change - I don't want to rush this and then gain it all back.

oh, I am a single mother of two kiddos - my daughter just moved out is 18 and my son is 11. Making time for me is hard to do but I do my best to get some exercise in each day.
  • songthennes
    songthennes Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello! Feel free to add me if you like! I'm 5', 101lbs. I lost about 12lbs in 3 mos. I did my normal workout routine but started tracking all my calories. It's been an eye-opener to me to see what a portion really is, and how we can easily underestimate. I was the type who would work out, but ate a lot more calories back than what I earned. I enjoy keeping track of what I eat. Now I am able to maintain and according to MFP, I can eat up to 1500 cal/day, so I'm in the experimental mode to see where my calorie level is for maintaining. Good luck and keep up the work! It's well worth it in the end. It can be a long journey sometimes, but I think it also helps train us to have healthy habits for life.
  • mjkanaan
    mjkanaan Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hi, feel free to add me, too. I'm 5'3", current weight is about 163 or 164. I had started to lose for a couple of weeks and then just hit a plateau again and am very frustrated. I agree that it is tougher on us petite folks, and especially on those of us who are a little older. I'm 43, with two kids, and trying to make time for myself. I'm looking for more friends, as I just started on MFP again a little over a month ago. Really want to make this work and the more motivation we can all get from each other, the better!

My goal weight right now is about 140. I am fairly muscular, so I really don't want to get too "skinny." I do Zumba a couple of times a week, and started doing the C25K running program about 5 weeks ago, so hope to be able to run a 5k straight through in a few weeks. Right now I do the running thing three days a week (walk/run combination), and I do some light weights. Overall, I usually work out 6 days a week, allowing my body one day to rest.

I really want to lose the fat and build some muscle and just feel more healthy and able to keep up with my teenage kids. If you feel like adding me, that would be great.
  • betseyjane
    betseyjane Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'd love to have people around my same height and weight goals! I'm 5'3, and my all-time high was 160lbs. Current weight is 155. Goal is 135!!
  • BluddyHolly
    Options
    Hey I'm Brittany! I'm 5'3 and weight 145 right now trying to get down to 120! I log in everyday and love to talk to people, so feel free to add me :)
  • happyhaunt
    happyhaunt Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Me! I'm 5'1 and I weigh 116 but my goal is 105. Add me! :)
  • mfpseven
    mfpseven Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    5'2 130lbs looking to loose another 20-30 I eat between 1400-1800 depending on my workout for the day feel free to add me. I'm down 65lbs over the last 11 months
  • littlelouis
    littlelouis Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'3 and went from 127 to 109 pounds. I alternate between strength training and cardio daily and I'm currently in the process of upping my calories from 1,200 to 1,500 and maybe even more, if I can handle it without gaining. Anyone can feel free to add me; I'd love to have some new friends!
  • femmefae
    femmefae Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm 4'10" and at my lowest weight of 126 right now, after losing 42 from my highest weight of 168 over this past year. I'm trying to go for 115, but ultimately I just want to look lean and toned no matter what the weight is :)
  • aliciarose511
    aliciarose511 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Me! 5'1".

HW 191
    CW 144 (down over 45 lbs!)
    GW Between 115-125. We shall see.

I eat between 1200-1500 per day. I exercise at least 5 days a week, which is new for me. It has made a world of difference!

Anyone feel free to add me. :)
  • Mariposa_Lily
    Mariposa_Lily Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    5'2", 40, and currently 118 (down from 122)--aiming for 112 or slightly higher but with more muscle, which is where my body used to stay naturally before I started getting older! I'm eating 1200-1300 per day to loose, and exercising five days a week (moderate--walking and yoga).

"Eat more" is not the right answer for me, at least not right now--that's what I was doing when I gained 10 lbs. Now, that may change once I add strength training (more calories to build muscle), but for now, I'm sticking with it.
  • nielsonfam
    nielsonfam Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Another newbie and petite person (5'1" (on a good day) -- I need friends as well -- please add me. Thanks!
  • MsMuniz
    MsMuniz Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I am 5'0" and currently weigh 119lbs. I started at 130 and my goal is 112lbs. But I've been more focused on inches lately, rather than actual weight. I started at a size 10 pant and now am at a 6. I will send you a friend request. If any of you shorties out there need friends, send me a request! :drinker:
  • JTutz
    JTutz Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and currently about 180. My highest was 188 and my lowest, 98. I've seen every number in between on the scale about 10 times each. Now on my way back down (hopefully!) and aiming for a solid 110 or thereabouts. Feel free to add me as a friend - We "fun size" girls have to stick together!
  • ZorZoor
    ZorZoor Posts: 2
    Options
    Hello :) I'm 5' just joined today. I'm vegeterian too. Started my weight loss journey back in March this year, was 210lbs. Now I'm 180lbs.
    My goal is to be 110lbs.
    I am trying to work out atleast 4 times a week for an hour.
  • ArtsyBunny
    ArtsyBunny Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Megan and I'm 5'2" and 186 lbs. This is my second week on MFP. I'm trying to change my whole lifestyle by getting healthier and eating better. Feel free to add me! :D
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    Hello Im 5'4" and 164 lbs I am tryint to get back to around 140. Add me if your like
  • ElanaBr
    ElanaBr Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi!

Definitely add me too. I'm 5'1 and am at my highest at 167 :( My goal weight is about 130. Such a long road ahead.