Any Phentermine success stories?

Options

Replies

• Falenea
    Falenea Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Didn't work. Lost weight and gained it all back.
  • nevergiveup28086
    nevergiveup28086 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Please be careful. I now have supra ventricular tachycardia because of phentermine. I lost 30 pounds in a month after I had my daughter taking it, but then had to stop taking it because I could just be laying in the bed and my heart rate would jump up to 200 beats per minute. I thought I was dying. I also gained it all back plus about 50 more. I couldn't work out for a long time and it took the doctors awhile to find out what was wrong.
  • bovellp
    bovellp Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have been on phentermine since December 15th and am down 36 pounds. I started at 448 lbs so my appetite was totally out of control. The medicine is helping be able to make better choices as I don't get ravenously hungry. I don't see being on this long term but it has really helped me get started.
  • melaniealvarado1
    melaniealvarado1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    2nd week update. I am now down a total of 14.5 lbs! Thank you to all who have given their two cents. I do not plan on taking this pill long term but its worked great in giving me the jump start I needed! I have been making sure to get lots of protein and tons and tons of water. I drink at least 150 oz of water daily. Currently I walk a little over a mile everyday after dinner. This week I will add more exercise into my day. 30-45 mins on treadmill or elliptical. The ONLY negative side effect of the pill is having severe cotton mouth at times. With as much water as I drink it is not a huge deal for me. Overall so far the pros are definitely outweighing the cons for me. I will update again next week! Hope you all have an amazing Easter weekend!
  • che5130
    che5130 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm in week 4 of using Phentermine. This is my second time on it. The first time was 6 years ago and I lost over 50lbs that time. I'm older now, in my 40's early onset of menopause, so my body just isn't what it once was...LoL.
    I'm not losing the weight as fast this time around.
  • echohwa
    echohwa Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Phentermine was prescribed to me back like 2010. Lost weight quick. Gained more back after I went off. Phentermine essentially IS speed because it's an amphetine.

No one where I live will prescribe it because it's so bad for your heart.

Would I go back on it if I could? In a heartbeat.
  • VelociFit
    VelociFit Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success so far! I started Phentermine in mid-January and have about a month's worth to go. I'm down 29 lbs now. I'm back at a weight where I can walk without pain, and for that alone, I'm grateful for it. I'm trying to build good eating habits in the time I have left. Good luck--I look forward to reading about your progress!
  • mwolf20
    mwolf20 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have started a week ago. I am down 8 pounds today. I am going to use it for six months, as I have huge cravings. So far I'm doing well. I am pushing my water intake. I just started this app yesterday. Good luck to you!!!

Hey, Cindy! Do you have an update on your weight loss? I started on March 22nd so pretty close to you and want just wondering what you've seen so far. :)
  • kandicekaye
    kandicekaye Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    2nd week update. I am now down a total of 14.5 lbs! Thank you to all who have given their two cents. I do not plan on taking this pill long term but its worked great in giving me the jump start I needed! I have been making sure to get lots of protein and tons and tons of water. I drink at least 150 oz of water daily. Currently I walk a little over a mile everyday after dinner. This week I will add more exercise into my day. 30-45 mins on treadmill or elliptical. The ONLY negative side effect of the pill is having severe cotton mouth at times. With as much water as I drink it is not a huge deal for me. Overall so far the pros are definitely outweighing the cons for me. I will update again next week! Hope you all have an amazing Easter weekend!

Are you taking 37.5mg? My Dr. has me on a half pill for this first week and I don't get any of the extra energy that everyone is talking about. Next week she said I can start a whole pill, maybe that will make a difference. I suppose I have seen a reduction in my hunger, but I'm only on day 3.
  • ShaneLynch1972
    ShaneLynch1972 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I've lost 190.2 pounds in 312 days. No phentermine taken. Healthy eating and lots of walking is all it took. Good luck on your journey.
  • CaramJo_Inspired
    CaramJo_Inspired Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I was prescribed that along with another pill Friday. Just started them both today. I've spoke with the doctor. I'm only using them for 3 to 4 months (at the most) to get started, along with diet and exercise, and then I'm sticking with JUST diet and exercise. I've heard a lot of success stories from other patients at the doctor's office I go to. He checks them all every month to make sure there's no side effects... and never lets them stay on very long.
  • Tsartele
    Tsartele Posts: 683 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Falenea wrote: »
    Didn't work. Lost weight and gained it all back.

Because you didn't change your habits.. your fault not the drug.. it would be the same for any "diet".
  • Tsartele
    Tsartele Posts: 683 Member
    Options

Congratulations on your accomplishments !! I say this to you and everyone who has decided to make a difference in their lives. I am currently 8 weeks in and have lost 24lbs, 3.5% body fat and 4 in around my chest and stomach. All of my clothes are fitting very loosely and I am on my last belt loop.. I still have a long way to go but with hard work and dedication I know we all can achieve our goals.
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    I'd recommend anyone curious or prescribed phentermine help populate the Phentermine Users Support Group here.
  • jenniferburns1989
    jenniferburns1989 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I was prescribed Phentermine yesterday along with a water pill. Today is my first day on both meds. Has anyone tried Phentermine? Success? Your thoughts?

I took phentermine for a week , two years ago. I wasn't hunger at all really just wanted to keep moving. When I did eat I never ate all of it. I would get the jitters if I wasn't moving. After the forth day my vision was starting to give me trouble, I stop taking phentermine immediately. And my vision recovered back to normal. I was only taking a half a pill twice a day ( morning and afternoon). Since I drop 6 lbs in that week alone. This isn't to scare anyone but I guess I react differently to the drug. Not saying you will have the same outcome. But would advise you to buy a fitbit sync it to fitness pal. I'm seeing amazing results without the help from weight-loss pills. Plus a side note: if your body gets immune to weight loss pills when you decide to come off of them you will see weight gain
  • MissusMoon
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I've been on Phentermine for fifteen days. I've lost 13 pounds. I'm also going to the gym and eating very healthy foods that I measure and log meticulously. It works wonderfully as an appetite suppressant for me. Additionally, I am drinking coffee with it and still not getting the jitters. I do struggle to get in enough calories, but I make sure I do wind up over 1000 after exercise. My doctor prescribed this for me because very specific medical issues were holding me back. I was eating mostly healthy food, but too much and I was so depleted of energy I could barely function anywhere, let alone go to the gym. This has been lifesaving for me. No, it isn't for everyone. It's working well for me, I am not having any side effects, and I'm being monitored by two doctors.

As I suggested earlier, anyone who decides to go forward with Phentermine as prescribed by a doctor should go to the Phentermine Users Support Group here on MFP. This subject gets very ugly very quickly around here. I do not recommend ever buying what is claimed to be Phen from the internet or going on it without medical supervision.
  • palmettolady1984
    palmettolady1984 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm on phentermine, but I have to see my doctor at the bariatric clinic every two weeks for blood pressure checks, weigh ins etc. The clinic made it very clear that you should not consume caffeine while on the pill and also following a strict healthy diet. Exercise is also a must. Even starting out at 5 minutes a day is better than nothing. The pill will soon be history , so training your body to eat healthy and expect exercise is key to keeping it off. Best of luck!
  • adamgoleafs87
    adamgoleafs87 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I don't understand the thought of putting a drug into your body when all that is needed is good food choices and exercise.
  • MissusMoon
    Options
    I don't understand the thought of putting a drug into your body when all that is needed is good food choices and exercise.

You probably don't understand people with crushing health problems that totally deplete them of energy. That's why my doctor wrote me the prescription. I'm always under in my daily calories while eating healthy foods and I'm up to 65 minutes of cardio at the gym five days per week. Before that, I could barely muster the energy to walk my dog. It's hard to care about what or how much you're eating when it's that bad. You're tired all the time and it feels hopeless.

This isn't a magic pill. For some, it's hope. It comes with doing the work of healthy calorie control and exercise. Just because you don't understand something doesn't make it wrong or a bad decision on the part of a supervising doctor and their patient.
  • Mrsgervase
    Mrsgervase Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Drugs super scare me but if you're using it as a temporary tool to Jumpstart your weight loss I hope you get the results you're looking for. Just get off it as soon as you are comfortable it is definitely not a longterm plan. Good luck!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!