Medicine ball exercises?

Options
I've been starting to mess around with the one medicine ball at my complex's fitness center. What are some other exercises that can be done solo. I can't find a label but estimate it's 10-12 lbs

Thanks

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Russian twists and ball slams
  • rileyes
    rileyes Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    + Squat and toss up, oblique/overhead/backward/ throws, rotations (touch ball to side of left foot and swing up to overhead right side)...
  • rldeclercq4
    rldeclercq4 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    rileyes wrote: »
    + Squat and toss up, oblique/overhead/backward/ throws, rotations (touch ball to side of left foot and swing up to overhead right side)...

I've been doing squat and toss and overhead throws but I like the idea of the toe tap with rotation
  • rldeclercq4
    rldeclercq4 Posts: 269 Member
    Options

What's a Russian twist? Can you describe it? Thanks
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    i like to do pushups on them because its easier on my wrists than flat on the floor.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

What's a Russian twist? Can you describe it? Thanks

Sit on the floor with your feet slightly elevated (if you can) then holding the ball you twist and touch the ball to the ground on one side and then the other - almost like you're trying to row a boat.

I found a link that describes it with visuals: http://maltapersonaltraining.com/workout-exercises/russian-twist/
  • ltworide
    ltworide Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Plyo push-ups (right hand on ball, pushup, push off floor chest over ball, land with left hand on ball & pushup); two hands on med ball pushup; chops (up & down, angled low to high), stand hold ball chest level & rotate ball side to side fast, lunge with med ball chop,