What's your favorite no-cal beverage?

Options
I'd like to stop drinking calories altogether. Right now I drink a lot of unsweetened tea, but sometimes that gets boring. I'd like to hear what you all like to drink that's calorie-free!

Replies

• RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    Very low-cal drinks are good too, like 10 calories or less.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Arizona diet decaf iced tea.
  • ani_terzyan
    ani_terzyan Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Grapefruit Perrier!
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Coke Zero. Water with Mio drops.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    water and sparkling water...I like the grapefruit Perrier and lime Perrier.
  • sylkates
    sylkates Posts: 173 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Tea? Boring?

There's such a huge variety of hot tea and tissanes. See if you can find them loose, it's cheapest and easiest to blend your own that way, and usually the loose ones are fresher. There's a discount grocery store near me called Fairway that has most of this loose for ridiculously good prices, I also sometimes go to a market in Chinatown for it.

Just a list of the ones I've enjoyed

Tissanes - Caffeine Free Herbs
    Rooibos
    Ginger
    Mint
    Lavender (makes me sleepy though)
    Barley

Herb with Caffeine-Like Stimulant in it
    Yerba Mate
    (This has lots of theobromine, the same stimulant you find in chocolate. It is very similar to caffeine, and if you're supposed to avoid one, avoid the other as well. This has substantially more of it than you get from eating a candy bar.)

Teas
    Genmaicha
    Oolong
    Pu-Erh (obsessed with this one right now because I like the roasty taste)
    Jasmine
    White Tea
    English/ Irish Breakfast

Flavored
    Vanilla/Orange (Celestial seasonings herbal)
    Mint Black Tea
    Earl Grey
  • sylkates
    sylkates Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Ooh, and Polar Seltzer! So many flavors that change regularly.
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    Diet Mt. Dew and Turkey Hill Diet Ice Tea. Yum.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    The only no calorie drinks I drink are water and tea. So, not much help to you I'm afraid.

Unless you've never tried Celestial Seasonings Bengal Spice tea, which isn't really tea at all, but when combined with green or black chai tea makes the most delicious hot calorie free drink ever (IMO of course).
  • MalkinMagic71
    MalkinMagic71 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Coke Zero or Pepsi Max.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Diet 7Up and mineral water
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I've been buying flavored tea bags and making iced tea at home sweetened with Stevia (I'm from the South - we don't do unsweetened tea). I bought some by Lipton that's peach mango flavored and I drink a big glass of it with dinner. Very good, and not as boring as regular tea. I also do hot peppermint tea from time to time with a Splenda packet or two, but otherwise I stick to water for the most part.

I usually order diet coke when I'm eating out, but I prefer diet root beer at home. Clearly, artificial sweeteners don't scare this girl. I like some sparking waters - Walmart has this brand called Clear and their pineapple coconut flavor is amazing. I'll also add flavor drops to my water. A recent favorite is the lemon lime Mio Fit.

I saw a fitness YouTuber taking a very small amount of cranberry juice and diluting it with a bunch of water so it's just a hint of cranberry flavor. I don't do cranberry anything, but it's an interesting concept and would be pretty low calorie since it's such a small amount of juice. Lemon water is another good option - I prefer it with no sweetener, the more sour the better.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    Water.
    Iced tea. I make my iced tea with 5 tea bags. 3 black, 2 flavored. Nice flavor and no added sweetener.
    Sparkling water.
  • taraswarts721
    taraswarts721 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    XYIENCE cherry lime is my favoriye
  • llbrixon
    llbrixon Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Water!
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    So many great ideas! Thank you!
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    llbrixon wrote: »
    Water!

Yep. I drink it all day, every day, plus a cup of milk with breakfast and the occasional black coffee.

If I am really sweating it out, I might add a NUUN hydration tablet to my water, but it isn't usually important since I left the desert.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    I'm shocked that no one has listed the best low-cal beverage:

giphy.gif
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Pre workout lol. On a serious note, usually water and tea