Best diet for abs?

Options
I have been losing weight and working out, but I am still struggling to get those stubborn abs to show. Is there a specific diet that is best to follow when that is your goal?

Replies

• Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    Yep. Calorie deficit.
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    no, just being in a calorie deficit and losing fat until its all gone across the stomach, then your abs will shows.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    You need 2 things for visible abs-- low enough body fat and enough muscle mass. There aren't specific foods, except that if you have barely visible abs and you eat a lot of salt (which causes water retention) you may not be able to see them due to bloat. What kind of workouts are you doing? Do you have any idea what your body fat percentage is?
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce. Reducing your overall body fat can certainly help and the only way to do that is by a calorie deficit.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    visible abs require a low BF% and sufficient muscle mass. there is no magic diet...you just keep cutting until you're at a low BF%...generally around 8% or so if you're a male...although I do know some guys who are 10ish% and pretty chiseled.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Whatever you want that meets your calorie goal.
  • TrishaCisneros
    TrishaCisneros Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Abs are made in the kitchen
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Gotta get your Body Fat percent down to 10% or less. You've got to lose the fat (as opposed to weight). Start by keeping carbs under 100 grams/day. That will help allow your body to burn more fat.