High cholesterol and triglycerides on antipsychotics, antidepressants. Friends?

Options
Right. First off. I have Borderline Personality Disorder. Other Mental Illness. It's an illness it doesn't identify me and I'm not seeking out friends that just are their illnesses. Sorry but I've spent too many hours caring for those that didn't care enough about themselves and put simply - were just drains.

However, we all know (if you don't it's proven in multiple papers including the Lancet) antipsychotics create situations in the body eventually that the body can't cope with. I've been offered Statins but I've asked as I'm young for some time ( they've given me 12 weeks) to naturally bring my cholesterol and triglycerides down.

First, I'm a salmon and prawn pescatarian, I'm a veg heavy diet, I cook with coconut oil and sunflower oil... he says I'm practically the walking example of the effect of long term antipsychotics and he doesn't think I can affect it. All the advice he had he said was what j was already doing.

Well I'm up for the challenge. I've had a creeping gain (I'll be honest these drugs cause metabolic affects and gain but it's NOT overnight...it takes months....so, again, I won't pander to you if you're shovelling in cake...sorry) of 28lbs.

Anyway, believe it or not I'm lovely and I'm caring if you have a genuine desire for change and are facing a similar challenge I'll be there for you every day. My friends on here are few but we are close.

It would be helpful to have someone else knowing my challenge from their own perspective.

I have time to reply and time to give genuine care.

Add me citing CHOLESTEROL as the reason and together we will beat this *kitten* into the normal range!!

We got this!

Replies

• MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    10/19/15
    Total - 266
    Triglycerides- 62
    HDL -76
    LDL-164

High Cholesterol is hereditary from my father.

Im going back in April/May for a recheck.
    Trying to lower it myself with diet and exercise- (edit- when I was at my lowest weight in 2013 my cholesterol was the worst its ever been so we will see.)

My last test I was 50lbs heavier than my lowest weight (just had a baby) so we will what changes dropping LBS and just being active <never have been> brings. Eating good fats too. I fear, nothing.
    I do not really want medication.

Id like a full cardiac exam (for lack of a better term) to see if my high numbers are actually causing damage.

Ill add ya!
    Edited for more info.
  • TheLittleFangs
    TheLittleFangs Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Fab hUn! I'm going back on Monday as I got requested to come back again to talk seriously to the doctor and then the nurse about my cardiac health.

I lost both grandparents on mum's side to sudden heart attacks. Nanna on dad's side to a stroke. Mum's got TIAs now had her third and dads got CVD. Mum has suspected COPD.

I'm breathless and tight chested a lot when I get my numbers I'll share. I have fibro and suspected RA and methotrexate aggravates the heart so km also resistant to that.

You've gog the same bitchin attitude as me. We can smash this.

I'm hoping and working my *kitten* off even though I'm semi immobile to do this myself! With you too!!!!