Coming up on a month

Options
my biggest problem with weight loss is getting past the first month- EVERY time. I haven't exercised in a week & past 3 days terrible diary. I need advise or just something to make me smile- to get me waking again & not have me make the same mistake.
I don't want to gain back 3 pounds. I want to lose 3 more. I know this week probably won't be a weight loss. But I need to continue. I'm frustrated at myself. I need some pals.

Replies

• NicoleMarie35
    NicoleMarie35 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You are your biggest motivation. I have literally made myself get up and walk 2-3 miles a day, going on 2 weeks. Haven't given myself room for excuses. I'll walk rain or shine, because at the end of every work out I feel so much better. Better than I would have if I had stayed home and gave myself grief for not going. You have to discipline yourself. You have to set the goals and make yourself go after them. I used to look to everyone else for advice and encouragement but I've come to find that the biggest source of motivation is me. When you do it for you and you know what you want, let it be your motivation too. Don't let yourself continue to slack on work out days. Slacking has always lead me to failure. I'd slack so much that I'd end up quitting. My vice is walking. If I want something from the store, the post office, to go to the park with my son...it's walking. And it's worked. You really can do it, it literally is all up to you and how badly you want to meet your goals. I can Pinterest weight loss and see these beautiful women and I know that's my goal. When I question going on a walk I picture those women. "Well. You're not ever going to get that far without effort." And so I walk. You do what you've gotta do, we all have our type of exercise. Just stick with it, no excuses.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Choose one thing to focus on tomorrow (ie, eat five fruit and veg). Set a reminder on your phone. Focus on doing that one thing, don't worry about any of the others. When you have been consistent with that for a few days, set a new focus.