I've made some progress... but im not where I want to be yet. Don't worry though, I'll get there.

Options
andygvr96
andygvr96 Posts: 26 Member
So I've been on a mission... Probably the same mission as you.. Maybe not. But mine was to lose weight and not be fat anymore.

My gym membership started January 4, 2016, but I've been doing other excersices a couple months before that(walks, road cycling, basketball, etc.) because I was intimidated to go to the gym at 275 lbs.. I mean who wouldn't be? Right? Haha anyway, when I signed up to the gym I made a promise to myself that I will go 1 hour, 6 days a week, every week for the rest of my life. And even though these past few months have been brutal, to the point where I'm so sore the next morning I could barely get up, I kept that promise. And I'm going to continue to keep that promise.

The reason I say I've made some progress and not that I've reached my goal, is because my goal weight is 180 and right now I weigh 240 lbs. The scale hasn't moved since I hit 240, which was when I started counting my calories on here (so about 45 days ago I hit 240). But I'm not letting the scale bring me down. Because seeing pictures of me last year compared to me now, remind me that I am making progress, and that I shouldn't give up.

I just recently started meal prepping my dinners because my diet plan needed some improvement. I'm doing this by choice. I want to make this a lifestyle. I'm never going to quit. Im never going to give up. I'm doing this for me and no one else. I'm tired of being fat!

If you push yourself, past your comfort zone... Change will come. Believe me.

I will post a progress picture as my profile picture if you're interested in seeing my progress.

-March 11, 2016

Replies

• Sophiareed218
    Sophiareed218 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Great job on your progress so far! I love seeing progress pics! One day, I will post mine :smiley:
  • Dandelie
    Dandelie Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Great job! I have been pushing myself too. After 30 days, pushing has become positive instead of negative. Good luck on the rest of your journey!
  • sarahharris818
    sarahharris818 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I love your dedication. So have you seen the scale move since you started counting calories with MFP?
  • ricancari
    ricancari Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss. Its not easy but it can be done. I started about 4 months ago and am already down 42 lbs. Now 62 more and I will be at my goal weight!!!1440 Calories of High Protein (50%)/Low Carb (15%)/Fat (35%)...It works like magic...Plus I take Garcinia Cambogia with every meal, a one a day womens multivitamin daily, and biotin supplement. I replace one meal with a protein shake made up of any flavor protein powder, a banana, fat free unsweetened almond milk, and a few pieces of nature valley peanut butter and chocolate protein crumbles. I love it because i can eat everything I want but I skip the bread, rice, pasta, and starchy veggies oh and sweets ofcourse. Everything else you can eat(meats, cheeses, fish, all green veggies, fruits-limited amount, low carb treats, and there are a bunch of possibilities as long as you stay within the percentages and calorie goals. If anyone wants to join me in my weight loss journey, you are more than welcome to. Oh and btw, I did it all in 4 months doing very minimal exercise(I mean very minimal LOL) Ttys
  • phildog49
    phildog49 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Don't be intimidated by the gym... being there is what matters. I think 240 is a magic "stuck" number... I've been there for YEARS. Best thing to do is stop thinking about the scale and keep doing what you were doing.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    You are doing well. Wishing you continued success :)
  • minijoanna
    minijoanna Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I like your attitude. Never give up. I know it's easier said than done! Sometimes I give up and get down about it for a while, but then I realize that no one else can do it for me. My motto is "The only way to do it is to do it."
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!