Best protein shake and GO...

Options
2»

Replies

• ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    My favorite protein shakes are the premier protein. They are premade, ready to drink. They have 30 grams of protein and only 1 sugar, 170 calories. I would usually have them with a serving of fruit, either on the side or blended in. BJs, costco and SAMs all have them. 12 pack for like $18.99. Walmart has them too but not quite as cheap. There is a coupon at both BJs and SAMs right now for $4 off. Both the vanilla and the chocolate taste great. Like flavored milk. They sell a powder but I have not tried that. They have protein bars which are very good also. Those I usually split in half and keep in ziplocks to take with me. They also now have fiber snack bars which I bought at Sam's club, 15 pack for $10.88 on sale. Yummy.

Here is the link to their site so you can see their products and nutrition info.

http://shop.premierprotein.com/Shakes/c/PremierProtein@Shakes

These are at Costco too, it was $24 for an 18 pack. 30g protein for 160 calories was impressive.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Syntha-6 hands down. Too bad it's a bit expensive calorie-wise per gram of protein compared to other powders.
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    ASKyle wrote: »
    My favorite protein shakes are the premier protein. They are premade, ready to drink. They have 30 grams of protein and only 1 sugar, 170 calories. I would usually have them with a serving of fruit, either on the side or blended in. BJs, costco and SAMs all have them. 12 pack for like $18.99. Walmart has them too but not quite as cheap. There is a coupon at both BJs and SAMs right now for $4 off. Both the vanilla and the chocolate taste great. Like flavored milk. They sell a powder but I have not tried that. They have protein bars which are very good also. Those I usually split in half and keep in ziplocks to take with me. They also now have fiber snack bars which I bought at Sam's club, 15 pack for $10.88 on sale. Yummy.

Here is the link to their site so you can see their products and nutrition info.

These are at Costco too, it was $24 for an 18 pack. 30g protein for 160 calories was impressive.

Yes, I mentioned Costco in there too. They really only have the chocolate and vanilla shakes. They are the only ones that do not have a discount of $4 right now. I also didn't see any of the bars there today. Sams seems to carry the best selection of their stuff. They have the discount until the 27th, and BJs has it until the 16th. Costco does it once in a while too just not now.

I agree, a lot of bang for your buck with these shakes. Priced reasonable, taste good, and lots of protein for not many calories. Do you use them?
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options

Yes, I mentioned Costco in there too. They really only have the chocolate and vanilla shakes. They are the only ones that do not have a discount of $4 right now. I also didn't see any of the bars there today. Sams seems to carry the best selection of their stuff. They have the discount until the 27th, and BJs has it until the 16th. Costco does it once in a while too just not now.

I agree, a lot of bang for your buck with these shakes. Priced reasonable, taste good, and lots of protein for not many calories. Do you use them?

Costco had chocolate, strawberry and vanilla yesterday! It likely varies by region.

The standard price at Costco is $1.38/ea, and Sam's club with the $4 off is $1.25/ea, not much of a difference there.

My friends love them, so I thought I would give it a try. I've been eating some 160 calorie bars with 15g of protein, and this is double the protein for the same calories!
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

Costco had chocolate, strawberry and vanilla yesterday! It likely varies by region.

The standard price at Costco is $1.38/ea, and Sam's club with the $4 off is $1.25/ea, not much of a difference there.

My friends love them, so I thought I would give it a try. I've been eating some 160 calorie bars with 15g of protein, and this is double the protein for the same calories!

Wow, my costco does not have the strawberry! Never has. Yeah, not much difference in price. I usually am more attentive than that! And I am the queen of price comparison! Does your costco have any of the bars? They make 30 gram bars too that are very good. And.... I just bought the fiber crispy snack bars that I eat as "dessert" at night. They are very good.

Btw, where are you?
  • Itssojen
    Itssojen Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I buy the Muscle Milk 100 calorie in chocolate flavor. They are REALLY good and 20g protein for 100cals!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Larrwein wrote: »
    PEScience select proteins are the best. I love their snickerdoodle and vanilla. They're all amazing

Yep. Snickerdoodle is the bomb. I use it to make a snicker doodle/chocolate/pumpkin coffee shake :)
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Muscle Milk is good, but high in fat. Six grams of fat per scoop. I picked up a jug of Optimum Nutrition vanila ice cream. It tastes good, lower in fat, and higher in protien.
  • debkie77
    debkie77 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Click Mocha or Click Caramel
  • mmacke78
    mmacke78 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I love the brand ideal lean. Best I've tasted
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Unfortunately, this is all based on your taste buds. Personally, Shakeology taste like chalk to me. ON is a huge favorite of many, but I can't stand it. Below is a list of ones I enjoy though:

Dynmatize
    Muscle Milk
    EAS
    Pure Protein
    Quests
    Designer Whey