uh oh...

Options
bornofthorns
bornofthorns Posts: 143 Member
...the Choco Chunk (that's me) just messed around and ran a 5k! I just started moving, got into a good rhythm, and next thing you know I hit it. I can't believe. It tied my best pace and bested my furthest distance by 6/10 of a mile. I was never a runner, and with the help of C25K, MFP, a lot of reading, support and God I achieved this goal. As a point of inspiration, I started this journey at 357, and I accomplished this at around 280. So for those of you who may be in Two-riffic territory, just know you don't have to be in One-derland to get moving. Just one foot in front of another, CI/CO and the things you read on here all the time. Let's keep it moving!:tongue:

A pic from the beginning of this journey:
fatB.jpg

Here is a pic from the end of my run today:
IMG_20130702_195052_680.jpg

Replies

• mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    That is something to be very proud of for sure! Great job.
  • bornofthorns
    Options
    thanks, Mock!
  • auburnlady78
    auburnlady78 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Have to agree it is diffidently some thing to be proud of.. Congrats :smile:
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Good story, Great inspiration! Love C25K!!
  • Spresto2
    Spresto2 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    EEEEEKS! Good work, Good Job! I ran my first 5K a couple years ago, on a HOT August day~ 90 degrees (really didn't THINK about that before I signed up and said OK!). I about died...when I got to the end, I drank 3 bottles of water in under 3 minutes. It was insane, the first bottle I think went down in one gulp! I remember thinking...this HAS to be done...with every mile. Afterwords, I celebrated with my runner buddies with a beer and pasta. That is a good memory. Nothing like the first time! ;) It's sooooooooo awesome to know you did something that at one point you may have thought, "yeah those people can have it".

PS. hahaha, you said "uh oh..." (that's what made me look):laugh:
  • 1Scientist
    Options
    Wow! Your post made me so happy! I am on day 3 of a similar 5K program and cant wait to share your accomplishment.

Congrats! You look great!
  • athyraslove
    athyraslove Posts: 145
    Options
    Great job, you're amazing!
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    whoop whoop awesome going :)
  • mluxo91
    mluxo91 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    You look really GREAT! and your progress shows!
  • sukiwabi
    sukiwabi Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Nice! I love the post run look on you've got going on there. Proud that you just kicked some *kitten*!
  • Dunkirk
    Dunkirk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, and thanks for the inspiration :-)
  • Peachy1962
    Peachy1962 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    GOOD for YOU!!! everyday you getting stronger and running further!!! Proud of ya!! I may never be able to run but I am getting stronger just by doing a lil more everyday and thanking the Good Lord above for the chance to get out there and make the changes that need to be made!!

You changing your life for the better and wishing all the Blessings that life has to offer!! :flowerforyou:

Sharon xxx
  • bornofthorns
    Options
    Thank all of you. It is funny the wells you dig into when you are trying to get that little extra during a run or working out. Often I think about the stories I see on here, or a MFP friend's update and go, "I have to at least match that" or "I need a little more to have a story to tell." On the other side, I think about me tired after walking a couple of blocks or MFP users that are just getting started and just want to be able to give them a goal. That is what I love about this community. The shared experience and how each of us helps the other to transcend.

...And that look was me debating if I wanted to try and throw down another quarter mile just to screw with my own mind...lol
  • camper2022
    camper2022 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations keep on runnin!
  • mambagirl
    mambagirl Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your accomplishment!!!
  • proudmommy1003
    proudmommy1003 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Congrats. I see a big difference in your face.
    Keep it up
  • hollynono
    hollynono Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Good for you - you look fantastic!
  • marick01
    marick01 Posts: 5
    Options
    WOW CONGRATS!!!! Such an inspiration!
  • Moran829
    Moran829 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    congrats on a job well done.....I am in that twos zone and just starting on my weight loss journey on here....inspired!:flowerforyou:
  • dlanoux
    dlanoux Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Keep up the good work! You are doing great! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!