Why did I only lose 0.2lbs?!

Options
2»

Replies

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,022 Member
    Options
    Are you using a scale to weigh your food? If not, you might want to consider it. Many people are very surprised at how much more they are eating than they think they are when they start weighing.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Focus on the trend over time. Bigger loses and smaller losses will happen, along with the occasional gain. That is just the reality of the way this works. This is my progress since October, daily weights, but you can clearly see the up and down, along with the overall downward trend:

yavaubye9d7b.png
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    Focus on the trend over time. Bigger loses and smaller losses will happen, along with the occasional gain. That is just the reality of the way this works. This is my progress since October, daily weights, but you can clearly see the up and down, along with the overall downward trend:

yavaubye9d7b.png

Nice!!
  • Jen2133
    Jen2133 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Yup. I describe weight loss as being like a ping pong ball bouncing its way down a set of hardwood stairs. My graph looks just like nutmegoreo's!

You're doing great maplesyrup10!
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    You're doing just fine. It will really mess with you if you expect a particular amount of loss consistently every week. If you look at it from a longer term, like a monthly thing it might make things easier. This week I lost 1.4 pounds, last week .6 pounds, the week before I lost nothing. But if I look at it for a longer term, I've lost 17 pounds in 11 weeks, 38 since September. It adds up if you are patient and consistent.
  • maplesyrup10
    maplesyrup10 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    You guys rock