My fight with morbid obesity!

Options
I am morbidly obese weighing in at 480 pounds and I have a high bodyfat %. I have been eating unhealthy and lived a sedentary lifestyle for over 4 years. I decided that I need to get on the fat loss train asap and start to lose weight now! I'm going to get on a train and get down to healthy 200 pounds by slowly improving my eating habits and moving more.

Replies

• meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    welcome. you can do this. You might want to pick a mini goal (or several) on your way to losing 200+. They are motivating.
  • raulespinosa1983
    raulespinosa1983 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Keep at it!!! The first part of making it happen, and convincing yourself, is the toughest. You're there now!
  • wgnr77
    wgnr77 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Baby steps...one foot in front of the other! You can reach your goal!!! :blush:
  • HStheBusyBee
    HStheBusyBee Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Actually wanting to make the change is such a huge step so congrats on that! It's definitely good advice to set some mini goals to help you stay on track and motivated. Good luck with everything, feel free to add me :)
  • The_Bear_Man
    The_Bear_Man Posts: 28 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    YOU CAN DO THIS! Just get up and do it! Don't think about it, don't worry about all the specifics and details right now, just get up each day, excercise for a solid 30-45 minutes and watch what you eat. I guarantee in a week you will start seeing the changes happening, in two weeks you will start feeling better and if you keep going thats when you can take your time to deal with the details. I've lost over 15 pounds in the past few weeks this way, and I am learning as I am going along. Happy to help support you! I have some food tips that are pretty great at keeping you feeling full but being healthy. Add me!
  • VikMcAnik
    VikMcAnik Posts: 17,222 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Even simple things like making healthier eating choices and going for a walk each day can make all the difference in the world. I've lost 60 pounds just doing those 2 things. And don't rush yourself... Good things come to those who wait.
  • klemencmarusa994
    klemencmarusa994 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You've got this!!!! When you hit a bump on your road to success, just remember of how much joy and happiness you're going to feel at the end of the road!! KEEP IT UP I'm crossing my fingers for you!
  • DeniseCole5
    DeniseCole5 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    well done for make the first steps to change your life. You can do it with support from this site.
  • fairylady1962
    fairylady1962 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Brilliant. You have made a start and you can do this. I too have a massive amount to lose so if I can do it you can. Don't set goals that are daunting to start with. Small goals are great because when you reach them it keeps you motivated and a real boost. Don't get discouraged You CAN do it. Good luck keep us posted