Exercise cals

Options
How important is it to eat them back? Does anyone not eat them back and still lose?
I have 1250 kcal a day and burn 500-600 a day in my training but am finding with eating half of them back I'm not losing.

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    How long have you been tracking?
    How are you coming up with the calorie burn?
    Do you weigh solid foods with a food scale and only use measuring cups for liquids?

edit:
    Can you make your diary public so we can see if there are any inaccurate food entries being used? (The database is mostly user created. This equals a lot of inaccurate entries in the database)
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    I think it is very important to eat back ones exercise calories back.

If your goal is only 1250 a day it is close to the minimum daily intake for a woman while still getting all the nutrients for good health.

MFP sets up your deficit with the expectation of you eating back your exercise calories. They do tend to overestimate, so start by eating back 50-75% and adjust after 3-4 weeks if you are either under or over shooting your weekly weight loss goal.

You need the extra calories to maintain good health, fuel your exercises, (what use is exercising if you are too tired for normal life activities?) and help retain as much muscle as possible.

Your exercise burn looks a high.
    How is the 500-600 being calculated?

I lost on 1200 eating back 125-175 of my 200 cal per hour exercise burn (130-105 lbs).

Cheers, h.