Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

40+ and Fighting The Fat.

In two weeks I'll be 49-years-old, and can't understand the stubbornness of the fat that has crept into my lower half of my otherwise healthy looking body. Frustrating as I start a new job and have to buy new clothes because the perfectly good clothes hanging in my closet are two sizes too small. Did this happen over night? Well, no. I have finally admitted that my unmotivated lifestyle over the past year and a half has contributed to this gain. So, I log my calories and try to figure out an exercise schedule. The motivation comes when I look at the pile of clothes that no longer fit. Plain as that.

Replies

• fishccer
    fishccer Posts: 29 Member
    I so get this, I quit smoking last March and between then and December, about 30lbs appeared out of nowhere! The kick up the *kitten* for me was not getting into my 'going out' trousers on New Years Eve. Since New Year I have lost about 15 of those pounds. 15 to go. I'm just being much more conscious of what I'm eating and exercising more. It's working.
  • epeart11
    epeart11 Posts: 35 Member
    As we age it gets harder to lose weight. Its unfortunate but part of nature. Keep up the good work and work hard you will see results!