Diet pills and supplements

Options

Replies

• Katiefitmarie
    Katiefitmarie Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi Samantha! Currently I'm taking FitMiss Burn. It's the best fat burning supplement I've ever taken. It doesn't give me jitters at all. It helps me focus and gives me that extra boost in the morning. I'd check it out if your interested. I don't follow an exact plan but I do stick with a limit of 1200 calories a day to lose about 2 pounds a week. I also do cardio in the morning 4-5 times a week followed by weight training in the evening 6 times a week. During my workouts I supplement with FitMiss Bcaa (branched chain aminos acids) which help my muscles recover faster and reduce muscle breakdown. After my workouts I will drink a protein shake using a cup of 1% milk and 1 scoop of FitMiss chocolate delight powder. I always try to hit my macros too which my fitness pal is awesome at helping with. Plus I try to drink at least a gallon of water a day. I hope this helps!

To me, it sounds like you are losing weight because you are eating 1200 calories, not because of this diet pill you seem to be selling.

OP: if you eat at a (safe) deficit, you will lose weight. AND it will more likely stay off because you've developed healthy habits that'll stay with you for life. No need to worry about side-effects they might discover years later, or the jitters, or anal leakage. You can see results and lose weight using MFP, and it's free (of cost and risks). :smile:

Not selling any products. I lead a healthy lifestyle and was answering her question. I no way intended to make that sound like a sales pitch. I was just being brutally honest about what I use.
  • lesleyloo7879
    lesleyloo7879 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I take caffeine pills as a pre-workout sometimes because it gives me a boost and I tend to throw up coffee if I drink it before I head to the gym (in fact most foods and drinks other than water).

Everyone will probably tell me why not to but it allows me to work out up to an hour longer per session with no "extra" tiredness, hunger or muscle pains so clearly it's not such a terrible thing!

But see you are taking it before you workout.... there is a difference, you are using it as a booster for your workouts not as your plan for weight loss
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm just wanting to get some recommendations for the diet help pills, diet plans etc, for example adios, slimfast, ...
    What have anyone use to help them lose the weight?

Hi
    What works for many are the suggestions here. Use MFP and depending on how much You need to lose 1200 to 1500 calories a day for a female, In general men can get an extra 300 calories. For example I eat around 1800 calories a day since currently I am working on maintaining my weight loss for a while for a month or two, then a push to rid myself of the final 10 pounds. Is it working, Yup! I am currently down 219 pounds from my high weight which is when I started working to lose it again. Now with that weight gone I can get out and I walk 1.5 hours +/- each day. usually with one day off from walking per month. MFP with the food tracker has been a big help with that. Now I have learned what size portions and how much to eat I usually just check via a search engine if I am not sure what the calories and nutrition values are. The best resource is the product itself. Log everything, even condiments.

Get a Good Digital scale. The One I use I put the plate on it, then turn it on and add the food to get the weight. I find that grams are more accurate than ounces FWIW simply because there are many grams of food per ounce.
    Learn what portions are for permanent weight loss.

Bread in Moderation, I use 45 calorie a slice Multi Grain or 7 Grain bread, Bread can range from 40 calories per slice to well over 120 calories per slice, watch for tricky serving sizes. Example some show calories per slice, some for 2 slices and a few for three slices. A sneaky trick to make the calorie count look lower.

What Path to take, here are some that work. Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig, NutriSystem. For some people Atkins works. Avoid Fad Diets, Atkins is somewhere between BTW IMO.

Here is a average days food for me.
    4 ounces of 1% milk on Multi Grain Cheerios or an Egg on Low calorie Toast, A medium Banana, and a 110 to 120 calories of protein shake. Mid-morning snack 3 ounces of Boneless Skinless Roasted Chicken Breast and a dash of BBQ for taste with a slice of bread.
    Lunch the same chicken shredded with two slices of bread, A Apple, and Greek Yogurt. 6 ounces of frozen Vegetables.
    Afternoon Snack A serving of fruit.
    Dinner a larger portion of meat two slices of bread, Two Clementines, Greek Yogurt, and 6 ounces of frozen Vegetables. Or in place of the meat and bread yesterday I had a tasty Lean Cuisine Glazed Chicken Dinner. Bought on sale recently for $2.49 :)
    Dessert later in the evening could be low fat, low sodium popcorn or 100 calories of Nuts.

Good Luck
    You can do it an keep it off too, just learn portion control.
    Roger
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm just wanting to get some recommendations for the diet help pills, diet plans etc, for example adios, slimfast, ...

Calorie counting with MFP and working out = success. I lost 172lbs without taking 1 diet pill or signing up to any kind of weight loss plan like weight watchers... all weight watchers is, is calorie counting... which you can do on MFP
  • sndrd49
    sndrd49 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Hi Samantha! Currently I'm taking FitMiss Burn. It's the best fat burning supplement I've ever taken. It doesn't give me jitters at all. It helps me focus and gives me that extra boost in the morning. I'd check it out if your interested. I don't follow an exact plan but I do stick with a limit of 1200 calories a day to lose about 2 pounds a week. I also do cardio in the morning 4-5 times a week followed by weight training in the evening 6 times a week. During my workouts I supplement with FitMiss Bcaa (branched chain aminos acids) which help my muscles recover faster and reduce muscle breakdown. After my workouts I will drink a protein shake using a cup of 1% milk and 1 scoop of FitMiss chocolate delight powder. I always try to hit my macros too which my fitness pal is awesome at helping with. Plus I try to drink at least a gallon of water a day. I hope this helps!

Why does this read like a sales pitch....

Actually it sounds like she works out regularly she counts calories and pays attention to macros........huh....she could cut out the "supplements" and save her money. She's losing weight because of MFP.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    sndrd49 wrote: »

Why does this read like a sales pitch....

Actually it sounds like she works out regularly she counts calories and pays attention to macros........huh....she could cut out the "supplements" and save her money. She's losing weight because of MFP.

I suppose that people who spend money on something like that they want to convince themselves that it works and was not a waste of money.

Even if it doesn't work and it was a waste of money.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    Try the My Fitness Pal plan since you are here.

:)
  • pootle1972
    pootle1972 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    but keep in mind that it does nothing alone...

Fixed that for you.

Every time I see "fat burners", I think of that horrible article about the UK woman who literally burned to death from the inside out after taking them. Or the Australian guy whose liver was so badly damaged by them that he had to get an urgent liver transplant and now has hepatitis, because if the doctors had waited for a non-hep liver, he would have died.

This
  • amanda_hessel
    amanda_hessel Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have been taking stimfree performix for a week. I take it as an appetite suppressant, because I was hungry All. The. Time. Now, this week I have also been walking around 10,000 steps a day and counting calories. I keep my calories eaten below my calories burned so that I have a deficit. I went from 253 pounds last Monday to 244 today. I have lost nine pounds in 7 days. I don't think this is typical, but for me it has helped to significantly reduce my appetite and cravings so that I can focus on eating right and portion size. I think counting calories and moving more is definitely the prime factor in my weight loss. But I also think that the pills have helped to keep me from snacking and binge eating. I plan on taking the pills for just a month or two until I feel like I can control my cravings on my own. Not all diet pills work and not all pills that work for one person will work for someone else. I'm not endorsing this product and it's not a "sales pitch" :)
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options
    I have been taking stimfree performix for a week. I take it as an appetite suppressant, because I was hungry All. The. Time. Now, this week I have also been walking around 10,000 steps a day and counting calories. I keep my calories eaten below my calories burned so that I have a deficit. I went from 253 pounds last Monday to 244 today. I have lost nine pounds in 7 days. I don't think this is typical, but for me it has helped to significantly reduce my appetite and cravings so that I can focus on eating right and portion size. I think counting calories and moving more is definitely the prime factor in my weight loss. But I also think that the pills have helped to keep me from snacking and binge eating. I plan on taking the pills for just a month or two until I feel like I can control my cravings on my own. Not all diet pills work and not all pills that work for one person will work for someone else. I'm not endorsing this product and it's not a "sales pitch" :)

If the pills are suppressing your appetite, though, how are they teaching you how to control your appetite on your own? What will happen when you decide to stop them and you have to learn to control your appetite anyway, or else put the weight back on?
  • amanda_hessel
    Options

If the pills are suppressing your appetite, though, how are they teaching you how to control your appetite on your own? What will happen when you decide to stop them and you have to learn to control your appetite anyway, or else put the weight back on?

I'm getting my body accustomed/regulated to my new way of eating. Once I've made these eating/exercise changes and implemented them consistently, within a few weeks my body should accept his as the new norm and the cravings should dissipate.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    Im on duromine not as a magic pill but because it help supress my apetite i dont feel hungry at all i only eat bcause i know i need to otherwise im fine without food... it works for me as a person who has a binge eating problem....

I have lost 10.7 kg in 3weeks on them

Nb. They dont have magic but they help u take fewer calories if you cant control your eating

When I took phen/fen in the 90's it was like magic. However, I gained all the weight back when I stopped taking them and worry every time my heart flutters.

The active ingredient in duromine is phentermine. Here's my new favorite post about it: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10329901/phentermine/p1
  • ChristinaOrr65
    ChristinaOrr65 Posts: 112 Member
    Options

What I have found is that you will not get a whole lot of people on MFP who support taking supplements or prescription pills to help with weight loss. It is true that there is no magic pill, and that many things simply do not work or are unsafe. I have used supplements and been successful with them and after taking them, so I do believe they can help and it is possible to maintain the habits you form with them. However, my experiences have been more bad than good, I admit. Over everything else, if you must take something, do your research and make sure it is something that is safe, or consult a Dr.
  • cJOYv6881
    cJOYv6881 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I admit I tried those Slimquick diet pills a while back. It was an awful experience. At the risk of TMI, it made me badly constipated for the first time in my life. I felt nauseated after taking the pills, sluggish and light-headed all the time, I just pretty much felt that something was wrong the entire time I was on them. And I gained weight. As soon as I stopped taking them, I was back to normal.

MFP has been the only way I have found where I've actually had control over my weight loss, gives me something that I can stick with, and is giving me results.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options

I'm getting my body accustomed/regulated to my new way of eating. Once I've made these eating/exercise changes and implemented them consistently, within a few weeks my body should accept his as the new norm and the cravings should dissipate.

Trust me - it seems like that's how it should work. However, I've taken phentermine in the past (I was young and not as knowledgeable as I am now, thanks to some amazing friends I've made on this board), which is a prescription diet pill that suppresses appetite. It worked for a little while as I was taking it. I even had to make myself eat some days. But when I came off of it, my appetite was back. The pills will suppress your appetite, sure, but don't fool yourself into thinking that it's going to be somehow easier to control your appetite when you stop taking them. It won't be easier. In fact, many people gain their weight right back once they stop taking appetite suppressants because they do nothing to teach you how to control your appetite on your own.

Just some food for thought.
  • amanda_hessel
    Options

Trust me - it seems like that's how it should work. However, I've taken phentermine in the past (I was young and not as knowledgeable as I am now, thanks to some amazing friends I've made on this board), which is a prescription diet pill that suppresses appetite. It worked for a little while as I was taking it. I even had to make myself eat some days. But when I came off of it, my appetite was back. The pills will suppress your appetite, sure, but don't fool yourself into thinking that it's going to be somehow easier to control your appetite when you stop taking them. It won't be easier. In fact, many people gain their weight right back once they stop taking appetite suppressants because they do nothing to teach you how to control your appetite on your own.

Everyone is different. No two people's experiences are the same, so I try not to generalize. I'm doing various things to keep motivated and stay on track with my goals, so I'm not worried about falling back into old habits.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options

Everyone is different. No two people's experiences are the same, so I try not to generalize. I'm doing various things to keep motivated and stay on track with my goals, so I'm not worried about falling back into old habits.

Ok. Good luck.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

This was my exact experience with phentermine. When my appetite was artificially suppressed, I had no appetite. Once that was no longer true, my appetite and weight came right back.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

This was my exact experience with phentermine. When my appetite was artificially suppressed, I had no appetite. Once that was no longer true, my appetite and weight came right back.

Unfortunately, I think it's that way for many. :frowning: We all learn differently, though, and some people have to learn the hard way. All I can do is offer my advice and hope that it helps someone, even if it isn't the person to whom the advice was directed.

Thank you for sharing your experience.