Thoughts on planet fitness?

Options
I think I want to join. But, I dont know exactly where a good gym would be. Lifetime is too pricey and I dont have a comunity center near me. What do y'all think about planet fitness?

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    I don't know what your goal is, but it works for many people. It doesn't work for powerlifters. Search the forum for more opinions on it.

If you have motivation issues, pick the closest gym. :+1:
  • r5d5
    r5d5 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I don't see the issue, honestly, with Planet Fitness. It's got enough to get you started on a fitness goal: there's weights and there's cardio machines. It's cheap. It's the only option some people have. I would rather go to Planet Fitness than do nothing. Sure there are better gyms out there, with actual trainers and better equipment, but if you're just beginning, or you have small fitness goals, I think Planet Fitness is a good fit for the average individual.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    There's like 19 threads on this at the moment
  • MissMichelle1992
    MissMichelle1992 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    There's like 19 threads on this at the moment[/
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    There's like 19 threads on this at the moment

Yes. PF elicits some strong emotions. If you just want to do cardio inside then it's probably a good place to work out. If you want to lift a little, not too heavy, are comfortable making sure your gym shorts aren't too short and you don't wear tank tops, do not powerlift, do not really bodybuild, and do not learn olympic lifting then it might also work. Oh, and it's cheap.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Hard to beat, for the price. $99/year. Other gyms run $350-$550/year.