Hey There, Vegans.

Options
2»

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    NotGnarly wrote: »
    I also don't shop at vegan stores. Way too much processed foods, plus I'm not sure that my area has any shops like that anyways lol. I became vegan for ethical reasons, plus I wanted to start eating the way my ancestors did before colonization. So being Cherokee I decided to get back to my roots and start eating mostly fruits, veggies, and nuts. The hardest thing for me to give up was salmon.

Since I've started eating this way, I feel more connected to nature and my ancestors. I have more energy and my cravings are gone. Plus seeing an almost daily loss on the scale is a good motivator as well.

The vegan store I was at had fruits, vegetables, and nuts, all in unprocessed or minimally processed forms.
  • melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    NotGnarly wrote: »
    I also don't shop at vegan stores. Way too much processed foods, plus I'm not sure that my area has any shops like that anyways lol. I became vegan for ethical reasons, plus I wanted to start eating the way my ancestors did before colonization. So being Cherokee I decided to get back to my roots and start eating mostly fruits, veggies, and nuts. The hardest thing for me to give up was salmon.

Since I've started eating this way, I feel more connected to nature and my ancestors. I have more energy and my cravings are gone. Plus seeing an almost daily loss on the scale is a good motivator as well.

The vegan store I was at had fruits, vegetables, and nuts, all in unprocessed or minimally processed forms.

I have a different chain of stores for all unprocessed nuts, legumes, seeds, dried fruit, cereals... In fact I should go there some day again, thanks for reminding me! The whole idea behind it is to buy in bulk and ~save money~
  • chesty1
    chesty1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    1) How many calories do you eat?
    Aiming for 1200 (I previously tried this unlimited calories business but this proved to not be the best idea!)

2) What kind of vegan are you? (HCLF, Fruitarian, etc.)
    HCLF
    (I'm steering clear of nuts & avocado at the moment whilst trying to drop weight).

3) How much weight have you lost and other benefits you have discovered?

1.5kg in maybe 12ish days (whilst full vegan).
    Skin has cleared up.
    More energy throughout day.
    More regular eating (because everything is lower in calories)
  • jhumes0125
    jhumes0125 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, there! So I was vegan before I was pregnant, and now that I'm postpartum, I'm going vegan again. I was wondering...
    1) How many calories do you eat?
    2) What kind of vegan are you? (HCLF, Fruitarian, etc.)
    3) How much weight have you lost and other benefits you have discovered?
    I would love to know! Thanks!

I'm gentle with myself on calories. Anything between 1000 and maintenance, which is 2350, but almost always between 1300-1900. I'm veganish--I'd say 99% vegan. I'll eat something containing egg or dairy every once in a while, and my husband and kids are pescatarian. I've lost 36.2 pounds (43.8-63.8 to go, depending on how I feel), but it has not been due to veganism as I stopped being vegan because of a pregnancy and didn't go back until very very recently. I feel much better and less sluggish, my digestive health is better, and my blood pressure is no longer ridiculously high.

As a side note, please feel free to add me! I need weight loss buddies!
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the baby-newbie :smiley:

I eat between 1000 to 1200 most days, some days I go over, some under. It depends upon my activity and how my body feels. I am 9 days into a vegan lifestyle and have gone straight up vegan (no meat, fish, dairy, eggs, whole foods, either no processing or minimally processed and I'm also eating about 70% raw). In 9 days I have lost close to 2 LBS (most likely due to some water, reducing sodium and eliminated meats/dairy), but I have also decreased my BF by almost 2%, that's legit. Benefits... I am sleeping like a baby and have restored/renewed energy. Off the charts energy actually. My mood has improved, I feel clean and lean and refreshed, all of my food items are beautiful... colorful, flavorful, fresh, vibrant and food tastes a million times better than ever before. My skin looks and feels better and my overall flexibility has increased.

I hope this helps.