Any powerlifting people out here?

Options
tony56pr
tony56pr Posts: 141 Member
Well to start, I'm a 39 year old male and I lost over 130 pounds from August 2013 at 295 pounds to September 2014 at 162.2 pounds, did maintenance until November 2014, when I started my bulk (approx 500 over maintenance calories) and will be ending my bulk after May 15th (have a powerlifting meet) when I will go on a 12-16 week cut to about 185-180 pounds (Currently about 205 - still have somewhat visible abs, but my fat storage mostly is lower abs and back) then will bulk up to get ready for another meet in December. My main goal is get as strong as I can while keeping fat levels healthy and manageable.

Anyways, I'd really like to have some friends that share my main interest, powerlifting, but I'm open to anyone really. Want more people to talk to and bounce ideas off of, along with giving the same in return. Strong women and men is the group that I feel I need to surround myself with, but if you need some inspiration or just a pen pal I'd be happy to be added to your friends list. Hope to get a couple friends on here that I can interact with more than just status updates...

Thanks Tony

Replies

• seanguard
    seanguard Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to get into powerlifting as well. Virginia area. Currently doing the Madcow program while I try to find a meet.
  • cvoogt07
    cvoogt07 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm not a powerlifter, but I love weight lifting! After 2 years of building, I am just beginning to cut for my first bikini show!
  • seanguard
    seanguard Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I've competed in two men's physique competitions the last 6 months. Incredible experience.
  • marienav741
    marienav741 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    cvoogt07 wrote: »
    I'm not a powerlifter, but I love weight lifting! After 2 years of building, I am just beginning to cut for my first bikini show!

I've been training on and off for a competition, now I'm taking it seriously and hoping to compete in next 12 months. Good luck with yours x
  • jakeveliz
    jakeveliz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Have you watch or listened to Barbell Shrugged? Great podcast for training and everything else fitness related.
  • joesanabria33
    joesanabria33 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I train heavy myself 80-90% 1RM. Currently cutting so doing 60% compound movements and some isolation.
  • sappermuff
    sappermuff Posts: 175 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    27 yo male in Texas here. Been strength training seriously for four years, let a dirty bulk go WAY out of hand and ballooned up to a sloppy 240lbs. Signed up for my first meet in December to light a fire under my *kitten* to drop down to 220 or 198 class. Let's see how it goes!