Refeed days

Options
Apparently there is a day were I should have a refeed day to help with fat lost depending on my body fat percentage but I dont know how often I should have one?

Replies

• Buff_Man
    Buff_Man Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Once it twice a week, depends how u feel. If your struggling two days otherwise try 1
  • clocast
    clocast Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Okay thanks for the help
  • Buff_Man
    Buff_Man Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    No problem
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    what is the purpose of a refeed day? never did it, lost weight perfectly fine. Is refeed like cheat days? just a sign that your diet is too restrictive?
  • atjays
    atjays Posts: 798 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Merkavar wrote: »
    what is the purpose of a refeed day? never did it, lost weight perfectly fine. Is refeed like cheat days? just a sign that your diet is too restrictive?

You're right they really aren't necessary if you're eating correctly to begin with. Your body isn't going to magically dump fat because you had 300g of carbs on a pig out day, that's just not how the body works. People think the refeed's work because they are actually deficient somewhere in their normal diet

Plus OP is shredded already, whatever he is doing is working just fine
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
  • arditarose
    Options
    Merkavar wrote: »

It's more used for people who are getting quite lean/low in body fat%. It's a way to increase leptin. I believe the focus on a refeed day should be to increase carbs. It's not really a free for all.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    weekly.
  • joncooper1980
    joncooper1980 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Yeah a refeed really isn't for speeding up fat loss. Its more about increasing glycogen levels to assist in weight training. Generally on a refeed day you will reduce your protein and fat levels and increase your carbs. 300g certainly wouldn't class as a refeed. more like double that. You still try to keep your calories within your fat loss range.
  • arditarose
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Yeah a refeed really isn't for speeding up fat loss. Its more about increasing glycogen levels to assist in weight training. Generally on a refeed day you will reduce your protein and fat levels and increase your carbs. 300g certainly wouldn't class as a refeed. more like double that. You still try to keep your calories within your fat loss range.

This. I guess it's pretty common knowledge now that the refeed doesn't do much for leptin levels as it just decreases the next day after the refeed anyway. It was a nice idea though. But refeeds are beneficial for training as well as state of mind and adherence. I think some people do raise their calories up toward maintenance or slightly above. I plan to have refeeds during my next cut.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    It does have some benefit, but needs more than a 12 hour windows of eating to be more beneficial. It's more of a mental thing. I will admit I wake up lighter usually after refeeds, but they're not anything crazy or will boost metabolism. A small diet break at maintenance is usually most beneficial. But when in a serious cut and getting lean, it does help with next day workouts and mental clarity lol.
  • arditarose
    Options
    It does have some benefit, but needs more than a 12 hour windows of eating to be more beneficial. It's more of a mental thing. I will admit I wake up lighter usually after refeeds, but they're not anything crazy or will boost metabolism. A small diet break at maintenance is usually most beneficial. But when in a serious cut and getting lean, it does help with next day workouts and mental clarity lol.

Yeah, I'm hoping to use it to fuel a few workouts. I love lifting heavy and am worried I'm not going to enjoy my workouts during this cut :(

I have noticed that I lose a little after a high day as well. Blah. All this talk about prepping for a cut. Want to cry.