Nutrition More Important than Exercise for Weight Loss, Sugg

Options
Found this article interesting and thought I'd share it.

http://www.naturalnews.com/029031_nutrition_weight_loss.html

BTW, keep on exercising! We can't get off that easy! :wink:

Replies

• Paul76
    Paul76 Posts: 158
    Options
    I agree completely. I've always been active and into sports and into excercise. But, I've also always been overweight because I ate like crap. The times where I've lost weight haven't been the times of peak excercise, it's been when I've been calorie counting.

But keep up the exercise too! :)
  • fitnessfoodtravel
    fitnessfoodtravel Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! Due to an injury, my activity level has been drastically reduced but I have overcome my plateau and lost 9 pounds due to calorie counting and clean eating. Exercise keeps us healthy and reduces stress but nutrition is very important in weight loss and maintenance.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    Yeah, before I lost weight the first time, I could work out like a maniac and still not get below 192 lbs....and it was because of what I was eating. I still firmly believe that your weight is 75% nutrition and 25% exercise.....because when I ate better, the pounds practically poured off of me.
  • hill242
    hill242 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    You can't out-work a bad diet.
  • AMOMONAJOURNEYTOCHANGEHERLIFE
    Options
    I'm not sure if my PT is right or not. But she told me 80% of my goal of loosing weight was controlled by what I eat. And only 20% of working out would help that. That was a huge eye opener for me. I was in the mindset that I will work extra hard as long as I can eat my brownies. LOL I was just maintaining my weight. So I have now changed that and things have been coming together for me.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Of course it is. It is calories in vs calories out...how much energy your body stores vs how much it burns. However, if you don't exercise, you'll probably just look like a skinny stick at the end of it ;). Not only that, but exercise releases endorphins that make us feel good, energized and motivated.
  • betty51
    betty51 Posts: 52
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this ! Thats my problem,thinking I can eat whatever and workout and still lose weight!!
  • DancingYogini
    Options
    Yeah, before I lost weight the first time, I could work out like a maniac and still not get below 192 lbs....and it was because of what I was eating. I still firmly believe that your weight is 75% nutrition and 25% exercise.....because when I ate better, the pounds practically poured off of me.

I totally agree with you!! Good nutrition is the key :smile: