need friends to add to motivate me to lose weight

Options
Looking for some motivating friends to add. Having others make losing weight and working even better. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• crissybelles
    crissybelles Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Sure. I'm not a Mom but maybe have a "mini social network" that cares about long term healthy living will help in your journey (congratulations btw on the new baby, I saw your other thread).

I can directly relate with to the busy living aspect with little personal time as I'm a full time care giver who also works full time (literally having 2 jobs). Finding the time (really the energy) for me to work out has been challenging (I would personally like to reduce some of my "jiggle zones" which do require some level of physical activity BUT for now I don't focus on this) The stress of 24h care giving is what led to some what gain.
    BUT What I've do presently which is SUPER helpful is to plan my food& reduce/eliminate sugar (like you're doing now. Kudos! (I have done in pre-care giving daily living just part of lifestyle). It all starts with what we eat. You currently may not be able to eat t a deficit that some folks suggest & living away from home with limited choices & budget can be challenging. While on the road (@the Ron McD's house) try to find as many whole foods, fresh fruit (bananas/apples, iranges), veggies (salads, baby carrots) that you can, nuts (almonds, walnuts), hummus. Beans (no sugar added) This foods will give you the pete in fuel & energy you need & make you feel full. DRINK LOTS OF WATER. didn't see anyone note this. Water absolutely flushes toxins from your body (reduces bloating & makes you feel full)
    NOW SUPER helpful using a pedometer (Fitbit) has been amazing for me. It helps me keep track. But just write down a food diary of what you eat, gives you big picture.
    When you get home you can pack your good on advance similar to how you will prep your breast milk for baby. Put your food in like Glad containers so you can just grab it.snacks too.

Lastly which is really first, I pray, this is helps me. I'll send you a friend request if you need help staying motivated. You can do it! And when your feeling good & healthy oh how much more you can do for your family.

Kind regards-
  • hazela1yale
    hazela1yale Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi! Hope all is well! I'm with you! I've been logging my food and trying to stay motivated and doing it to get healthier and it does get tough doing it alone :/ I keep reading friends can help you stay motivated with sane goals! Hey, we can help each other ; )
  • hazela1yale
    hazela1yale Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi! Hope all is well! I'm with you! I've been logging my food and trying to stay motivated and doing it to get healthier and it does get tough doing it alone :/ I keep reading friends can help you stay motivated with sane goals! Hey, we can help each other ; )

#same (plz excuse the typo) lol