Extreme hunger suddenly after losing respectable amount of weight??

Options
2»

Replies

• Helloidentitycrisis
    Helloidentitycrisis Posts: 64 Member
    Options

I have noticed having some really weird, surreal dreams and am waking up sweating though?

I wake up sweating if I'm hypoglycemic during the night. I have to avoid anything sweet a few hours before bed.

I usually have something like milk, warm milk with a tsp of nesquick or "hot ponyo" which is hot water, cinnamon and milk before bed...but I've been drinking it for the entire ten weeks and before then? Surely this couldn't affect it?
  • dabry05
    dabry05 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    What I've noticed since kicking a lot of sugar is that it affects me a whole lot more than it used to, since like most American "normal" diets I was swimming in the stuff. Possibly you have gotten rid of some other sugar habits and this is the case?

• karenlwashburn
    karenlwashburn Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I had that happen once years ago. I was exercising twice a day a total of about 3 hours. I would even wake up very hungry in the middle of the night so I'd eat a small amount and drink some milk and I was okay. My body adjusted to the weight loss. It was the one time I was in excellent shape (as an adult).
  • Helloidentitycrisis
    Options
    I had that happen once years ago. I was exercising twice a day a total of about 3 hours. I would even wake up very hungry in the middle of the night so I'd eat a small amount and drink some milk and I was okay. My body adjusted to the weight loss. It was the one time I was in excellent shape (as an adult).

OH JEEZE I struggle to exercise (other than walking and yoga stretches) twice a week!
  • MissJay75
    MissJay75 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I find I am more satiated when I get lots of protein in a day. I aim for 80-100 grams per day. Sometimes though, I just get extra hungry. Like stomach-growling-loudly-enough-to-be-embarrassing hungry. For me, it's usually hormone related. (I get extra hungry around ovulation for example). When this happens, I try to eat really bulky low calorie foods to help feel fuller, and sometimes I give myself an extra few hundred calories for a few days. Eventually my appetite goes back to "normal".

If it persists, you may just slow down your weight loss down to .25 kg per week. Since you don't seem to have much left to lose, many people would suggest you do so anyway.
  • Helloidentitycrisis
    edited March 2016
    Options
    MissJay75 wrote: »
    I find I am more satiated when I get lots of protein in a day. I aim for 80-100 grams per day. Sometimes though, I just get extra hungry. Like stomach-growling-loudly-enough-to-be-embarrassing hungry. For me, it's usually hormone related. (I get extra hungry around ovulation for example). When this happens, I try to eat really bulky low calorie foods to help feel fuller, and sometimes I give myself an extra few hundred calories for a few days. Eventually my appetite goes back to "normal".

If it persists, you may just slow down your weight loss down to .25 kg per week. Since you don't seem to have much left to lose, many people would suggest you do so anyway.

My weight loss is set to 0.25kg and has been since I started mfp! Sorry for not saying - the first few weeks were done using a different calculator, but I found it was inaccurate and had me losing 0.4/0.5kg even though again I'd set it to 0.25kg. I assume that weight lifting is responsible for my usual loss (almost every week) being 0.3kg, but until the last 7-14ish days I was always satiated. Then I had a -for me at least- "huge" loss of 0.5, after "cheating" on mothers weekend with carrot cake and a flapjack... And then in the last 4 or 5 days I apparently lost another 0.4kg by this morning: even though I was eating over and I went to the gym only once instead of twice, DURING WHICH I was too weak to lift more than 4kg each hand (I usually use 12.5kgs and managed to again today)!

Of course I hadn't seen or expected the loss when I posted this, but just because i lost doesn't mean I should stuff my face and allow bad eating habits to form
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    PMS?

That was me until I figured out that during the 2 weeks before my period, refined flour and sugar were causing it (although it's ok if I have some after dinner). Same with artificial sweeteners (Stevia is ok). If I have even a slice of toast with my eggs and bacon, I'll be starving all day. It sucks.

It's my second month now avoiding refined flour and sugar until 6pm or something and it's going much, much better (they don't affect me at all once TOM shows up though).

And yeah it only started when I got within 4 pounds of my goal weight.