Burgers!

Options
katieleggett_321
katieleggett_321 Posts: 37 Member
Good morning!
Has anyone got any recipes and suggestions for a healthy but slightly naught burger and fries meal?

Replies

• myfitpal615
    myfitpal615 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, you probably will have to google it. Maybe healthy burgers for your taste buds. I know has less fat them beef. Sweet potato fries are healthier than French fries. Just cut the portion of the fries. Try using real potatoes and baked them instead of frying them. Just a suggestion; I'm not an expert.
  • myfitpal615
    myfitpal615 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am sorry. I meant to say that turkey burgers have less fat than beef, although grass fed beef is not a bad choice either.
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Leaner beef with a strong tasting cheese (so you need less of it) like Bleu cheese. .. gosh that sounds good right now!

I agree with baking some potato wedges. Potatoes can fit into a lower calorie day just fine. I'd weigh one small to medium then slice it to the size fries you like and maybe use an oil mister to get a little crisp on them as they bake. You'll get more fries than you think. Or - use salt and a little herb of your choice (chili powder or oregano, basil) and some grated parmesan. Mix that up in a bag and toss in the potatoes and move them all around to coat then bake.

I think this might be dinner lol.
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I use lean turkey then add something like onion, lemon or lime zest, a sauce or light mayo to keep them moist. Here is a Thai Turkey Burger. It was very flavorful. My sister ate hers as a wrap. soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/2014/10/thai-turkey-burgers.html

Thai%2BTurkey%2BBurger.jpg